Great Short Poems (Dover Thrift Editions) by…

Great Short Poems (Dover Thrift Editions)

by Paul Negri

I enjoyed this collection of poems. Many were familiar already, but this was a nice, quick review of some classics. Favorite poems in this book included ones by Walt Whitman, Lewis Carroll, and Robert Frost. ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |
I opened the book to a random page and Sara Teasdale's The Kiss floored me. Flipping through the book reveals many standards--why can I never read Richard Corey without wanting to be Richard Corey?--and a number of poems I haven't seen before. The Kiss alone made it worth the purchase. ( )
  prosfilaes | May 5, 2009 |

This outstanding 150-poem anthology spans over 400 years of English and American literary history. Memorable compositions include Donne's "Death Be Not Proud," Blake's "The Tyger," Wordsworth's "I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud," Byron's "She Walks in Beauty," Shelley's "Ozymandias," as well as works by Tennyson, Whitman, Dickinson, Yeats, Frost, and many others. Includes 3 selections from the Common Core State Standards Initiative.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:02 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,852,479 books! | Top bar: Always visible