Leadership on the Line: Staying Alive…

Leadership on the Line: Staying Alive Through the Dangers of Leading (edition 2002)

by Martin Linsky, Ronald A. Heifetz

Member:LIOSStudent
Title:Leadership on the Line: Staying Alive Through the Dangers of Leading
Authors:Martin Linsky
Other authors:Ronald A. Heifetz
Info:Harvard Business School Press (2002), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 252 pages

Leadership on the Line: Staying Alive Through the Dangers of Leading by Martin Linsky

This is a worthwhile and applicable read. ( )
  Hillerm | Jan 6, 2014 |
Good book on hazards and perils of leadership. Reassuring and vaguely liberating about the inevitable conflict that arises with any change management project. Lots of useful strategies for becoming a better leader. Definitely recommend as a practical, easy-to-read and useful book on leadership.
  keeraweera | Apr 3, 2009 |
This is a very good book. Some of the leadership principles are eye-opening and I am now trying to force myself to utilize them. Getting on the balcony is one of those principles. While we all detest office politics, we need support, and this book shares who and how to enlist support. It has a good chapter on dealing with conflict. And it talks about avoiding burnout. These are all good topics, and very relative. ( )
  lmstevens01 | Dec 12, 2008 |
This book deasl with how to stay fresh in the battles of the work load. If we have patience and look beyond people's words, God is able to bring us through. We must ot be afraid to put our ideas on the line. Working our way through requires skill. This book helps explore dangers and deal with them
  lschmitt | Sep 13, 2008 |

Martin Linskyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Heifetz, Ronald A.main authorall editionsconfirmed

"In Leadership on the Line, leadership authorities Ronald A. Heifetz and Marty Linsky marshal a half century of combined teaching and consulting experience to show that it is possible to put ourselves on the line, respond effectively to the risks, and live to celebrate our efforts. With examples including the presidents of countries and the presidents of organizations, everyday managers and prominent activists, politicians and parents, the authors illustrate proven strategies for surviving and thriving amidst the dangers of leading." "The authors also address often-neglected aspects of leadership, such as how to manage your personal vulnerabilities, and how to anchor yourself and sustain your spirit through tough times." "Both uplifting and practical, this book enables each of us to lead courageously and confidently - without losing ourselves."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,618,074 books! | Top bar: Always visible