The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E.…

The Adoration of Jenna Fox

by Mary E. Pearson

English (259)  German (2)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All (263)
Another great book by another author! Today I finished a heart wrenching book that I am reading with my library book club, and it is a wonderful book!

REVIEW: Jenna Fox was only sixteen when she got into the car accident that changed her whole life. She had just woken up wondering, wondering what happened just before all of this. The truth unfolds in this wonderful book by Mary Pearson! Jenna goes through a life of questions,answers, and thoughts of what was wrong. Suddenly she found out! I liked this book because it was full of suspense and mystery, and I could not put it down for the life of me! I liked following Jenna's life, and was wondering exactly with the book one what happened to Jenna in the first place and two why are the parents not worried? I would suggest this to everyone I knew no matter what genre they enjoy, or despise! You will fall in love with this book as you start getting into it, and reading! My favorite character was Lily because she helped Jenna through all of the questions, and other things while she was going through all of her life in these few weeks. She was truly an inspiration to Jenna before the accident, and shortly after woke up from coma. This book was truly heart wrenching, and would recommend it to everyone! I have no dislike of characters in this book because they all help Jenna with her worries, and life as she goes through the new one! This is definitely a goodread! [b:The Adoration of Jenna Fox|1902241|The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #1)|Mary E. Pearson|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1388715600s/1902241.jpg|1903936] ( )
  christopher.kyle1706 | Dec 8, 2016 |
Not what I expected. Not the book's fault - I am just not into sci-fi/futuristic...whatever you want to call it. I thought this was going to be more like a REAL family story of a child in a coma who wakes up, can't remember anything, and how her and her family struggles to get back where they were before. I guess the futuristic angle threw me...So, I am not saying that this is not a good book. I am saying that for ME it didn't work. I think the writing was really good...just not my personal kind of read. ( )
  kitchenwitch04 | Oct 24, 2016 |
Introspective, character-driven exploration of a high school girl, Jenna Fox, who suffered a horrible car accident and thanks to the biogenetic advances of her doctor father, she is patched together again, with 10% of her brain intact, and some of her skin, with the rest re-generated by the new science of his company, including BioGel, which not only produces human like body parts, but gets smarter - and survives. The suspense comes from Jenna's slowly emerging consciousness about what has truly happened to her, and who she is now. Reminded me of Flowers for Algernon or several other YA titles (The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer or A Long, Long Sleep) ( )
  BDartnall | Oct 9, 2016 |
Brilliant. Book clubs, especially those for young teens, will find plenty to discuss here:

Would you do that? What if you were in her shoes? Why did he make that choice? Was that ethical? Should this be legal? Is there any other way they could have handled that? Who did you most empathize with? Did the epilogue reveal what you expected, or was it a surprise? *How* did the author mess with your feelings, and with your expectations? Which details of this near future do you anticipate becoming reality, and which do you think are too fantastic? Which do you look forward to, and which do you dread? And, bottom line, what does it mean to be human?

I know I'm torn - I don't have solid answers to any of those questions.

I also agree with Cherylann that this reminded me of [b:Eva|631169|Eva|Peter Dickinson|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1328397920s/631169.jpg|1964961] by [a:Peter Dickinson|5345|Peter Dickinson|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1292282037p2/5345.jpg]. And now that she mentions it, yes, [b:The House of the Scorpion|13376|The House of the Scorpion (Matteo Alacran, #1)|Nancy Farmer|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1401734230s/13376.jpg|868252] by [a:Nancy Farmer|8360|Nancy Farmer|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1207168030p2/8360.jpg]. Iow, if you liked any of the three, you'll probably like this, too. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson This is a fascinating book about a 17 year old girl that wakes up from a year long coma without any memories of who she is. As the story unfolds she begins to question who she is now versus who she was for some very interesting reasons. Great discussion book! ( )
  Kay_Downing | Apr 28, 2016 |
For my wonderful husband, Dennis,

and my precious children, Jessica, Karen, and Ben
I used to be someone.
Everyone wants to restore everything. Old is in demand.
One restoration is not that different from another, she says. Fixing me and fixing Cotswald are her new careers.

Who is Jenna Fox?

Seventeen-year-old Jenna has been told that is her name. She has just awoken from a year-long coma, and she's still recovering from the terrible accident that caused it. Her parents show her home movies of her life, her memories, but she has no recollection. Is she really the same girl she sees on the screen?

Little by little, Jenna begins to remember. Along with the memories come questions — questions no one wants to answer for her. What really happened after the accident?

In this fascinating novel, acclaimed author Mary E. Pearson presents an unforgettable look at one human life and a glimpse into a possible future that may be closer than we think.

In the not-too-distant future, when biotechnological advances have made synthetic bodies and brains possible but illegal, a seventeen-year-old girl, recovering from a serious accident and suffering from memory lapses, learns a startling secret about her existence.… (more)

Mary E. Pearson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,747,330 books! | Top bar: Always visible