The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E.…

The Adoration of Jenna Fox

by Mary E. Pearson

2,080None3,166 (3.88)169
accident (36) amnesia (49) bioengineering (31) Bioethics (86) biotechnology (30) cloning (19) coma (30) death (24) dystopia (43) dystopian (17) ethics (57) family (37) fiction (115) friendship (15) future (60) futuristic (23) genetic engineering (38) identity (75) medical ethics (69) memory (45) mystery (21) read (30) science (19) science fiction (342) self-perception (16) teen (42) to-read (49) YA (157) young adult (159) young adult fiction (35)

English (234)  German (2)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (238)
Good idea, poor execution. ( )
  JordanCorinne | Apr 2, 2014 |
This was book was so much more than I thought it was going to be. I think the cover art (I have the puzzle piece-face cover) and the blurb deterred me. I had seen this book around for what felt like years, and I finally picked it up, since I loved The Miles Between. The struggle that Jenna faced with finding out who she really was, and if she was really that girl, was very well done. The sci-fi aspects and the potential ethical problems discussed in the story didn't feel forced or cheesy, they felt like problems that humans could really face some day, and that we will all have opinions about. I don't know how I feel about the ending, with there being a lot of remade humans, because that just sounds like a ticket to over-population (even more than the world already is). ( )
  bladechik99 | Feb 28, 2014 |
good, thought provoking. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
So I picked up this whole series at my local library, I have to say it started off pretty interesting. Jenna had just woken up after having a terrible car accident with her friends and she feels like there is something off about her. Lily, her grandmother, joins in to try to help her find out what really happened.

This was a fast but intriguing read for me, I found myself caught up in Jenna's discoveries.” ( )
  BeckyGandee | Oct 22, 2013 |
This review is based on an ebook sample.

Rating: might read

Kind of boring start that is turning me off because the author is treating me like an idiot.
Girl wakes up from a coma and has spent two weeks being increasingly suspicious about who she is. My guess is her mind/soul has been transplanted into another body. This is what I have deducted from the title and the back cover promo. I feel like the author thinks I haven't figured it out. Like the author thinks I am going to get a big shock. Gah.

The book got a little hook in when she began to explore her house and rooms. Lots of interesting questions are entering my mind.

... And then the next chapter begins with the recently-awakened-from-a-coma and can't-remember-anything protagonist listing all the things she will definetly not ask her mother, these being about her friends. Um... Isn't this exactly what you ask you mum about??
  alsocass | Oct 12, 2013 |
For my wonderful husband, Dennis,

and my precious children, Jessica, Karen, and Ben
I used to be someone.
Everyone wants to restore everything. Old is in demand.
One restoration is not that different from another, she says. Fixing me and fixing Cotswald are her new careers.

Who is Jenna Fox?

Seventeen-year-old Jenna has been told that is her name. She has just awoken from a year-long coma, and she's still recovering from the terrible accident that caused it. Her parents show her home movies of her life, her memories, but she has no recollection. Is she really the same girl she sees on the screen?

Little by little, Jenna begins to remember. Along with the memories come questions — questions no one wants to answer for her. What really happened after the accident?

In this fascinating novel, acclaimed author Mary E. Pearson presents an unforgettable look at one human life and a glimpse into a possible future that may be closer than we think.

In the not-too-distant future, when biotechnological advances have made synthetic bodies and brains possible but illegal, a seventeen-year-old girl, recovering from a serious accident and suffering from memory lapses, learns a startling secret about her existence.… (more)

Mary E. Pearson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,494,337 books! | Top bar: Always visible