The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E.…

The Adoration of Jenna Fox

by Mary E. Pearson

Recently added bykatiejo2324, Foodang, mlomba2, jmslibrarygirl, private library, Sheilah.Egan, Verkruissen

English (241)  German (2)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (245)
I don't know if I can review this quite properly while I'm processing the fact that a friend is in a coma and has been for several weeks, and I just found out about it after reading this.

Jenna doesn't remember before the coma, she's trying to process now and then, her parents are trying to regain their daughter, her grandmother is strangely unfriendly and she's doing her best to learn what it means to be herself again. But there are complications and it brings out questions about what it means to be human in a world with a lot of technology and rules about replacement parts, and how much does it take to stay human.

Interesting, but my reaction is kinda warped by stuff. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Mar 2, 2015 |
Parents are devastated when they learn that their daughter is dying. She is only 16 years old. She is their miracle child. Will they go to great lengths to save her? If so, what means will they use to accomplish this endeavor?

This book is a great read. It goes to show you what unconditional love parents have for their children. ( )
  suzanne5002 | Jan 23, 2015 |
I thought the questions that [b:The Adoration of Jenna Fox|1902241|The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #1)|Mary E. Pearson|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1388715600s/1902241.jpg|1903936] raised were interesting and thought-provoking, but the plot just confused me. ( )
  IsaboeOfLumatere | Jan 14, 2015 |
Interesting story, with a little bit of science fiction. However, the writing is too full of fluff from an overly wordy author, and I never ended up caring much about the main character. ( )
  piersanti | Sep 28, 2014 |
I really liked this book and agree with one or the blurbed reviews that this is a "refreshing twist on the cliche teen fiction"(very paraphrased). Without revealing too much, I liked how the sci fi was really well incorporated into the book. Like most of the other is if books I like, this one is rather philosophical and goes into what it means to have a soul, what is the part of you that is you, and overall when society is misguided in how much they think should be regulated. In a good way, I though this book was a little repetitive as Jenna confronts her parents over and over(also, while there isn't a good synonym for it, Pearson uses the word biochip a lot throughout). It's interspersed with very poetic vignettes of sorts which I like(it reminds me of grapes of wrath just shorter) and the light darkening of that page helps set it apart nicely. Overall a very good read although it seemed to stand on its own not as the start of a trilogy and has a very interesting epilogue. I read a review of the later books and it's narrator and I'm already sad that Jenna will not continue to give her interesting and poignant take on life ( )
  Lorem | Sep 18, 2014 |
For my wonderful husband, Dennis,

and my precious children, Jessica, Karen, and Ben
I used to be someone.
Everyone wants to restore everything. Old is in demand.
One restoration is not that different from another, she says. Fixing me and fixing Cotswald are her new careers.

Who is Jenna Fox?

Seventeen-year-old Jenna has been told that is her name. She has just awoken from a year-long coma, and she's still recovering from the terrible accident that caused it. Her parents show her home movies of her life, her memories, but she has no recollection. Is she really the same girl she sees on the screen?

Little by little, Jenna begins to remember. Along with the memories come questions — questions no one wants to answer for her. What really happened after the accident?

In this fascinating novel, acclaimed author Mary E. Pearson presents an unforgettable look at one human life and a glimpse into a possible future that may be closer than we think.

In the not-too-distant future, when biotechnological advances have made synthetic bodies and brains possible but illegal, a seventeen-year-old girl, recovering from a serious accident and suffering from memory lapses, learns a startling secret about her existence.… (more)

Mary E. Pearson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,215,660 books! | Top bar: Always visible