The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E.…

The Adoration of Jenna Fox

by Mary E. Pearson

2,1952452,956 (3.88)185

English (242)  German (2)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (246)
An awesome book that explores every side to a complex question- I loved it. My full review is on Hot Stuff for Cool People. ( )
  hotforcool | May 31, 2015 |
Brilliant. Book clubs, especially those for young teens, will find plenty to discuss here:

Would you do that? What if you were in her shoes? Why did he make that choice? Was that ethical? Should this be legal? Is there any other way they could have handled that? Who did you most empathize with? Did the epilogue reveal what you expected, or was it a surprise? *How* did the author mess with your feelings, and with your expectations? Which details of this near future do you anticipate becoming reality, and which do you think are too fantastic? Which do you look forward to, and which do you dread? And, bottom line, what does it mean to be human?

I know I'm torn - I don't have solid answers to any of those questions.

I also agree with Cherylann that this reminded me of [b:Eva|631169|Eva|Peter Dickinson|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1328397920s/631169.jpg|1964961] by [a:Peter Dickinson|5345|Peter Dickinson|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1292282037p2/5345.jpg]. And now that she mentions it, yes, [b:The House of the Scorpion|13376|The House of the Scorpion (Matteo Alacran, #1)|Nancy Farmer|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1401734230s/13376.jpg|868252] by [a:Nancy Farmer|8360|Nancy Farmer|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1207168030p2/8360.jpg]. Iow, if you liked any of the three, you'll probably like this, too. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
I don't know if I can review this quite properly while I'm processing the fact that a friend is in a coma and has been for several weeks, and I just found out about it after reading this.

Jenna doesn't remember before the coma, she's trying to process now and then, her parents are trying to regain their daughter, her grandmother is strangely unfriendly and she's doing her best to learn what it means to be herself again. But there are complications and it brings out questions about what it means to be human in a world with a lot of technology and rules about replacement parts, and how much does it take to stay human.

Interesting, but my reaction is kinda warped by stuff. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Mar 2, 2015 |
Parents are devastated when they learn that their daughter is dying. She is only 16 years old. She is their miracle child. Will they go to great lengths to save her? If so, what means will they use to accomplish this endeavor?

This book is a great read. It goes to show you what unconditional love parents have for their children. ( )
  suzanne5002 | Jan 23, 2015 |
I thought the questions that [b:The Adoration of Jenna Fox|1902241|The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #1)|Mary E. Pearson|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1388715600s/1902241.jpg|1903936] raised were interesting and thought-provoking, but the plot just confused me. ( )
  IsaboeOfLumatere | Jan 14, 2015 |
For my wonderful husband, Dennis,

and my precious children, Jessica, Karen, and Ben
I used to be someone.
Everyone wants to restore everything. Old is in demand.
One restoration is not that different from another, she says. Fixing me and fixing Cotswald are her new careers.

Who is Jenna Fox?

Seventeen-year-old Jenna has been told that is her name. She has just awoken from a year-long coma, and she's still recovering from the terrible accident that caused it. Her parents show her home movies of her life, her memories, but she has no recollection. Is she really the same girl she sees on the screen?

Little by little, Jenna begins to remember. Along with the memories come questions — questions no one wants to answer for her. What really happened after the accident?

In this fascinating novel, acclaimed author Mary E. Pearson presents an unforgettable look at one human life and a glimpse into a possible future that may be closer than we think.

In the not-too-distant future, when biotechnological advances have made synthetic bodies and brains possible but illegal, a seventeen-year-old girl, recovering from a serious accident and suffering from memory lapses, learns a startling secret about her existence.… (more)

Mary E. Pearson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,946,139 books! | Top bar: Always visible