The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E.…

The Adoration of Jenna Fox

by Mary E. Pearson

2,2022482,946 (3.88)185

English (245)  German (2)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (249)
Very thought provoking book.

Doubly liked it because I've been in the area where the story takes place. Visited the Mission San Luis Rey earlier this year too. ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
Golden Kite Award for Fiction (2009), South Carolina Book Award Nominee for Young Adult Book Award (2010), Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis Nominee for Jugendbuch (2010), Iowa High School Book Award Nominee (2011)
  Liz_Haggerty | Jul 28, 2015 |
Winner of over 30 Awards/Nominations, including 2008 Horn Book Award, Kirkus Best Young Adult Books of 2008, 2009 Westchester Fiction Award, 2010 International Reading Association Young Adult Choice Book, 2011 Evergreen Young Adult Book Award, and 2011 Sequoyah Book Awards Master list. This book would be a great addition to the very popular Modern Fantasy section in our library collection. Other books in this series include The Rotten Beast, The Fox Inheritance, and Fox Forever.
  CindyMcClain | Jul 9, 2015 |
An awesome book that explores every side to a complex question- I loved it. My full review is on Hot Stuff for Cool People. ( )
  hotforcool | May 31, 2015 |
Brilliant. Book clubs, especially those for young teens, will find plenty to discuss here:

Would you do that? What if you were in her shoes? Why did he make that choice? Was that ethical? Should this be legal? Is there any other way they could have handled that? Who did you most empathize with? Did the epilogue reveal what you expected, or was it a surprise? *How* did the author mess with your feelings, and with your expectations? Which details of this near future do you anticipate becoming reality, and which do you think are too fantastic? Which do you look forward to, and which do you dread? And, bottom line, what does it mean to be human?

I know I'm torn - I don't have solid answers to any of those questions.

I also agree with Cherylann that this reminded me of [b:Eva|631169|Eva|Peter Dickinson|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1328397920s/631169.jpg|1964961] by [a:Peter Dickinson|5345|Peter Dickinson|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1292282037p2/5345.jpg]. And now that she mentions it, yes, [b:The House of the Scorpion|13376|The House of the Scorpion (Matteo Alacran, #1)|Nancy Farmer|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1401734230s/13376.jpg|868252] by [a:Nancy Farmer|8360|Nancy Farmer|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1207168030p2/8360.jpg]. Iow, if you liked any of the three, you'll probably like this, too. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
For my wonderful husband, Dennis,

and my precious children, Jessica, Karen, and Ben
I used to be someone.
Everyone wants to restore everything. Old is in demand.
One restoration is not that different from another, she says. Fixing me and fixing Cotswald are her new careers.

Who is Jenna Fox?

Seventeen-year-old Jenna has been told that is her name. She has just awoken from a year-long coma, and she's still recovering from the terrible accident that caused it. Her parents show her home movies of her life, her memories, but she has no recollection. Is she really the same girl she sees on the screen?

Little by little, Jenna begins to remember. Along with the memories come questions — questions no one wants to answer for her. What really happened after the accident?

In this fascinating novel, acclaimed author Mary E. Pearson presents an unforgettable look at one human life and a glimpse into a possible future that may be closer than we think.

In the not-too-distant future, when biotechnological advances have made synthetic bodies and brains possible but illegal, a seventeen-year-old girl, recovering from a serious accident and suffering from memory lapses, learns a startling secret about her existence.… (more)

Mary E. Pearson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,014,841 books! | Top bar: Always visible