Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz

Odd Thomas (2003)

by Dean Koontz

Series: Odd Thomas (1)

Recently added byLitaVore, private library, Izida9, Carleny, jenuhhcide

English (170)  Dutch (1)  Finnish (1)  Swedish (1)  French (1)  Italian (1)  All (175)
This is a great book. Odd is a true philosopher - someone who knows life and yet realizes how much he doesn't know. His true talent isn't seeing those not there but in making deep, meaningful connections with the people around him. He sees the possibilities in a person. I have fallen in love with Odd and his life and can only hope that Koontz continues the series. ( )
  mmoj | Mar 2, 2017 |
Odd Thomas is one of the most endearing characters to ever step out of a book. He charms us with his underlying wit and sensible concerns. Odd is a hero who brings out the best in most people, and protects them against the worst. A supernatural power like his is a gift, and sometimes a curse. This is a great story that will leave you wanting to read more of the series. I am a Koontz fan, and true to his calling card, the reader is led down a trail of good vs. evil, and our hero saves the world - kind of - read the book if you enjoy in depth weird characters with heart, and will want to read more of his story. ( )
  ElisabethZguta | Jan 23, 2017 |
I couldn't figure anything out ahead of time. I like that. Really good. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
I couldn't figure anything out ahead of time. I like that. Really good. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
I really enjoyed this book, I actually watched the movie before reading it. But the book is way better!! The details are astounding. ( )
  Ashley_Fuller94 | Jan 13, 2017 |

Koontz, Deanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Baker, David AaronNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hope requires the contender
Who sees no virtue in surrender.
From the cradle to the bier,
The heart must persevere.
To the Old Girls: Mary Crowe, Gerda Koontz, Vicky Page, and Jana Prais. We'll get together. We'll nosh. We'll tipple. We'll dish, dish, dish.
My name is Odd Thomas, though in this age when fame is the altar at which most people worship, I am not sure why you should care who I am or that I exist.

“The dead don't talk. I don't know why.” But they do try to communicate, with a short-order cook in a small desert town serving as their reluctant confidant. Odd Thomas thinks of himself as an ordinary guy, if possessed of a certain measure of talent at the Pico Mundo Grill and rapturously in love with the most beautiful girl in the world, Stormy Llewellyn. Maybe he has a gift, maybe it’s a curse, Odd has never been sure, but he tries to do his best by the silent souls who seek him out. Sometimes they want justice, and Odd’s otherworldly tips to Pico Mundo's sympathetic police chief, Wyatt Porter, can solve a crime. Occasionally they can prevent one. But this time it's different.

A mysterious man comes to town with a voracious appetite, a filing cabinet stuffed with information on the world's worst killers, and a pack of hyena-like shades following him wherever he goes. Who the man is and what he wants, not even Odd’s deceased informants can tell him. His most ominous clue is a page ripped from a day-by-day calendar for August 15.

Today is August 14.

In less than twenty-four hours, Pico Mundo will awaken to a day of catastrophe. As evil coils under the searing desert sun, Odd travels through the shifting prisms of his world, struggling to avert a looming cataclysm with the aid of his soul mate and an unlikely community of allies that includes the King of Rock 'n' Roll. His account of two shattering days when past and present, fate and destiny converge is the stuff of our worst nightmares—and a testament by which to live: sanely if not safely, with courage, humor, and a full heart that even in the darkness must persevere.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:44 -0400)

Dead people try to communicate with a short-order cook, who serves as a small desert town's reluctant confidant. Odd Thomas thinks of himself as an ordinary guy with a certain measure of talent at the Pico Mundo Grill, and he is rapturously in love with the most beautiful girl in the world, Stormy Llewellyn.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,887,063 books! | Top bar: Always visible