My Truck is Stuck! by Kevin Lewis

My Truck is Stuck! (2002)

by Kevin Lewis

This is a fun tale of dogs that trying to get bones delivered to gophers but get stuck on their way. Many different types of vehicles come to get the truck unstuck but nothing works. Finally, a tow truck comes along and they are saved. Children will have fun with this rhyming book and will enjoy laughing at the silly illustrations
  Lizziep | Apr 27, 2013 |
Good flannel board possibility ( )
  Meganelise1 | Apr 12, 2013 |
Summary: This book is about these dogs who are delevring some bones and the gophers make a pot hole so they get stuck. The dogs try to get the truck unstuck but they can't. A car comes by and try to help them but they are unable to. Then a milk truck comes and also tries to help but they have no luck. Next a school bus comes and also tries and still they have no luck. Then a tow truck comes and is able to help them get the truck unstuck. While they were trying to get the truck unstuck the gophers were taking the bones.

Personal Reaction: I liked this book it had a lot of good illustrations, with bright colors, and Each animal had it's own characteristic. And the repetition is fun part of book.

Classroom Extension:
1. We could talk about rhyming and as a class come up as a rhyme.
2. We could also build different cars and trucks from the story. ( )
  HeidiBlanco | Sep 20, 2012 |
Summary: This brightly illustrated book is about a dog whose work truck gets stuck in a pot hole. He asks everyone to help as they pass by in their vehicles. They all stop to help but find that their vehicles are not equipped to unstick his stuck truck! They count the number of vehicles that stop to help and finally on the 5th one, a tow truck, he is freed from the hole that held his truck captive.

Personal Reaction: I like the illustrations of the book. Bright colors, vehicles are all well drawn. I like the repeating phrases. I believe this would be a good book for boys to enjoy (girls may as well).

Classroom Extension: We could do a number of different counting exercises to go along with the counting in the book. I would look to find one that involved vehicles of some kind if possible.

Do a lesson on what vehicles do what jobs. We could go over firetrucks, ambulances, tow trucks, dump trucks, semi-trucks and so forth. If possible a field trip to visit one and or have them come to us at the school. I would then look for other books that were geared toward that vehicle we visited whether it be a firetruck or ambulance and so forth. ( )
  MistyRobinson | Sep 19, 2012 |
Summary:
A truck driver sent to deliver a truck full of bones runs over an enormous pothole and gets stuck. First, a car comes to pull it out, then a moving truck, then a Jeep, but none of the vehicles are successful in pulling them out until a bus full of children finally comes to pull it out. Meanwhile, a large group of beavers came and took all of the bones out of the delivery truck.

My Personal Reaction:
I loved that the pictures were part of the story line, rather than just an addition. The book never directly says that there are beavers stealing the bones from the truck, but only says it through the pictures. The illustrations are also very fun and colorful and would be wonderful for catching a child's attention!

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1. Could be used to teach simple rhyming patterns.
2. Could be used in character learning to display persistence and the value of never giving up!
  MeghanOsborne | Mar 7, 2012 |

Cindy Barrow
--D.K.
Dump truck comin'
down the road.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 078680534X, Hardcover)

My Truck Is Stuck. Rotten luck. Can't go! My truck is stuck. Tug and tow. Two engines roar. But the truck won't go. Not one inch more. Does anyone know how to make my stuck truck go? In this lyrical read-aloud, young drivers are introduced to the ins and outs of hauling, beeping, and repairing -- get ready for a fun ride!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:51 -0400)

When a dump truck "haulin' a great big load" gets stuck in the mud, progressively larger vehicles try to pull it out.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,572,267 books! | Top bar: Always visible