Victory of Eagles by Naomi Novik

Victory of Eagles

by Naomi Novik

Series: Temeraire (5)

Recently added byRWR, INorris, private library, LT_Ammar, nraichlin, tmscott13, Navarre1963, agille37, ewillse, MeganDawn

I liked this installment much better than the previous volume because there was plenty of swashbuckling and some interesting takes on Napoleonic era battles with the addition of sentient dragons. Laurence moped about his honor somewhat as he had in the previous installment but it didn't bring the tone of the book down nearly as much as it did in the previous installment ( )
  ewillse | Jan 18, 2016 |
a good one.. i admit i skimmed some of the war strategy stuff. the dragons forming their own militia i liked a lot. Laurence's depression not so much. the devastation of the war on England was detailed enough for me to feel awful and once again thank God war has never been played out in my time in my country. ( )
  kdf_333 | Jan 17, 2016 |

Naomi Novikprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Davidson, AndrewCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vance, SimonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Dr. Sonia Novik, who gave this book a home
The breeding grounds were called Pen Y Fan, after the hard, jagged slash of the mountain at their heart, like an ax-blade, rimed with ice along its edge and rising barren over the moorlands: a cold, wet Welsh autumn already, coming on towards winter, and the other dragons sleepy and remote, uninterested in anything but their meals.
The breeding grounds were called Pen Y Fan, after the hard, jagged slash of mountain rising like an axe-blade at their heart, rimed with ice along its edge and rising barren over the moorland.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345512251, Mass Market Paperback)

For Britain, conditions are grim: Napoleon’s resurgent forces have breached the Channel and successfully invaded English soil. Napoleon’s prime objective is the occupation of London. Unfortunately, the dragon Temeraire has been removed from military service–and his captain, Will Laurence, has been condemned to death for treason. Separated by their own government and threatened at every turn by Napoleon’s forces, Laurence and Temeraire must struggle to find each other amid the turmoil of war. If only they can be reunited, master and dragon might rally Britain’s scattered resistance forces and take the fight to the enemy as never before–for king and country, and for their own liberty.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:05 -0400)

The dragon Temeraire, after learning his captain Laurence has been sentenced to death for treason, leads other uncaptained dragons of Britain's Aerial Corp into battle during the Napoleonic War and eventually reunites with his commander and demands freedom, pay, and a voice in the war counsel for dragons.… (more)

Naomi Novik is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,085,585 books! | Top bar: Always visible