Fast Knits Fat Needles by Sally Harding

Fast Knits Fat Needles

by Sally Harding

More than 20 quilt projects for throws, scarves, pillows, rugs, bags, and more. Complete learn-to-knit instructions.
The projects included are extremely basic, the photos are colorful, and the instructions are crystal clear.

My problem is the definition of fat needles. I bought a set of 35 and a set of 60 and was hoping for projects that used FAT needles. The author's idea of fat needles is 15, 17, 19 (US). If I had known this, I wouldn't have bought the book. Size 15 especially is at my upper range for normal needle sizes.

One of her projects recommends cutting different colors of dupioni silk into strips and creating silk yarn that way. Dupioni silk is expensive, and I didn't appreciate the author's suggestion of treating it like scrap yarn, but that's just me. I give this book high marks for what it was written to be. ( )
  RochesterKnittingGui | Apr 17, 2016 |
Too funky for my liking! I bought it on the internet because of its name, I expected some useful apparel patterns for my knitting club beginners to produce as pieces to wear or quickly make for people they love using bulky weight yarns. There are none of those here. I can appreciate its thrust of things that you might want to make using strange materials and I'll keep it in my club's library of patterns for that reason only. I doubt that it will ever be seriously consulted ( )
  gmillar | Oct 14, 2009 |

Big needles mean instant gratification as items knit up quickly - a great incentive for the new knitter. The 20 projects combine simple shapes and unusual yarns, from rags to string, to create great colour and textures with modern appeal.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,222,147 books! | Top bar: Always visible