The History of Alexander by Quintus Curtius

The History of Alexander

by Quintus Curtius

English (7)  Spanish (1)  All languages (8)
"For the present I advise you to begin a course of antient history, reading every thing in the original and not in translations. First read Goldsmith’s history of Greece. This will give you a digested view of that feild. Then take up antient history in the detail, reading the following books in the following order. Herodotus. Thucydides. Xenophontis hellenica. Xenophontis Anabasis. Quintus Curtius. Justin. This shall form the first stage of your historical reading, and is all I need mention to you now." - Thomas Jefferson to Peter Carr, 19 Aug. 1785 [PTJ 8: 405-408]
  ThomasJefferson | May 26, 2014 |
A thinner Book than the life by Arrian, and more general purpose. The same story as Plutarch and Arrian. But We should have this work for completeness.
The original was probably extant by 70 CE. ( )
  DinadansFriend | Jan 24, 2014 |

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,976,488 books! | Top bar: Always visible