Iron Cowboy (Silhouette Desire) by Diana…

Iron Cowboy (Silhouette Desire) (edition 2008)

by Diana Palmer

191292,794 (3.03)None
Member:cansada26
Title:Iron Cowboy (Silhouette Desire)
Authors:Diana Palmer
Info:Silhouette (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 192 pages

Iron Cowboy by Diana Palmer

Rancher (and champion secret-keeper) Jared Cameron is a newcomer to Jacobsville. But it took under 60 seconds for the blunt-spoken - okay, rude - man to set book store clerk Sara Dobbs teeth on edge. Even as the sparks the pair strike off one another turn into flames, Jared's past comes back to haunt him. Will keeping Sara safe mean losing her forever?

Thematically predictable, but if you like Diana Palmer this one won't disappoint. ( )
  SunnySD | Aug 16, 2012 |
I went through a I-Love-Diana-Palmer journey after reading LAWLESS. My friends, that journey is over, at least for now. I can’t handle the abusive men she has a heros. There is no way of sugarcoating this, but the rancher Jared Cameron is scum - seriously. FEARLESS was the bottom of the barrel and Rodrigo Ramirez (from FEARLESS) should have been shot for his abuse, but Jared Cameron (from this book) should have had something vital cut off. So no more searching through Palmer’s books to find what I found with LAWLESS.

Janet, a member of the Romance Book Club, said it best with this.

"I used to read Diana Palmer a lot and was a big fan of hers. I don't read her anymore, though. I got tired of reading about so many of her so-called heros with the theme of an older man (in his late 30s) fighting his attraction to a very young, naive virginal girl of about 18. And the way he fought his attraction? By treating her like dirt and verbally abusing her. Not all of DP's books are like that, of course. But too many of them are, and I it wasn't worth it to me to take the chance on buying another one of those kind of stories."

Well said. I couldn’t agree more.

http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/ ( )
1 vote judithkaye | Sep 12, 2008 |
It was good, but connected to her series. If you haven't read the rest, you're missing a lot of back story. ( )
  monib | Aug 4, 2008 |

Hard-Hearted Texan ----Rancher Jared Cameron was a mystery to everyone in Jacobsville, Texas…and he liked it that way. Only sweet-natured bookseller Sara dared to intrude on his privacy--informing the loner that a book on ogres might be more appropriate for a man of his qualities. Charmed by her audaciousness, Jared seduced the town's plain Jane. But their burgeoning relationship soon thrust Sara into Jared's hidden world of intrigue. Now the iron cowboy had to steel himself for the fight of his life… and his heart.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373768567, Mass Market Paperback)

Rancher Jared Cameron was a mystery to everyone in Jacobsville, Texas…and he liked it that way. Only sweet-natured bookseller Sara dared to intrude on his privacy—informing the loner that a book on ogres might be more appropriate for a man of his qualities. Charmed by her audaciousness, Jared seduced the town's plain Jane. But their burgeoning relationship soon thrust Sara into Jared's hidden world of intrigue.

Now the iron cowboy had to steel himself for the fight of his life…and his heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:36 -0400)

When a sweet-natured bookseller named Sara comes into his life, reclusive rancher Jared Cameron, despite his better judgment, loses his heart to this brazen beauty and draws her into his hidden world of intrigue.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,762,443 books! | Top bar: Always visible