A Stroke of Midnight by Laurell K. Hamilton

A Stroke of Midnight

by Laurell K. Hamilton

Series: Meredith Gentry (4)

English (34)  Dutch (1)  All languages (35)
series curse has struck, but hard. ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |
A bit fast in the wrap-up, leaving me feeling as though nothing was resolved, but overall, another book that I couldn't put down.

http://allbookedup-elena.blogspot.ca/2018/01/a-stroke-of-midnight-laurell-k-hami... ( )
  ElenaGwynne | Jan 25, 2018 |
A Stroke of Midnight begins with Merry and the Ravens attending a press conference in the sithen. This is highly unusual as the home of the sidhe is usually off-limits to the human press. However, it is felt that it is more secure than holding the conference elsewhere. This opinion is challenged almost immediately by the deaths of Beatrice, one of the lesser fae, and a human reporter. Merry, assigned to solve the murders by her aunt, Queen Andais, opts to bring in human forensics in the hope that science might be able to succeed where magic has so far failed���������and bring a murderer to justice. ( )
  ravenwood0001 | Jun 17, 2017 |
Amazing! Nonstop action, marvelous sex, peril, love - again this book has a good mix of action and character to make it more rounded as a novel. I do have to admit that among such action it is hard to pick a favorite. The Sithen lives again, changing, growing, becoming what it had lost. The God and Goddess are granting and guiding much for Merry and our band of sidhe. Our coming of power with Mistral was both powerful and exciting, as well as possibly dangerous. Sex is dangerous in the Sithen, powerful. This is proven over and over again in this novel. LKH straddles that line between too much and just enough to make you want more. I nearly cried as well, I will not say why but I am glad things turned out for the better. This book ends with someone's desperate pain, and I admit that what he had done was unforgivable, but the queen is one bloodthirsty woman, even if I thought she went to far, I believe for her it wasn't far enough. We still have yet to find our would be king. I am rooting for Doyle. Something about him just calls to me. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
I say as I did in the review for the book following this. I would like to take Mistral out of the book and take his sexy butt home with me. He and Merry have good chemistry and even though he is new to the situation he is HOT.

This book was strange. I thought the murder plot line was poorly constructed. I get maybe she was trying to keep an element of Merry's PI side but it was just strange and didn't even matter to Merry's overall plot line.

It was a good read though besides that one weird, ill-fitting element. ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |

Laurell K. Hamiltonprimary authorall editionscalculated
York, JudyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To J.,
who holds my hand and my heart;
who helps me play in the darkness
but not to live there
I HATE PRESS CONFERENCES, BUT I ESPECIALLY HATE THEM WHEN I've been ordered to hide large portions of the truth.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345443608, Mass Market Paperback)

I am Meredith Gentry, P.I., solving cases in Los Angeles, far from the peril and deception of my real home–because I am also Princess Meredith, heir to the darkest throne faerie has to offer. The Unseelie Court infuses me with its power. But at what price does such magic come? How much of my human side will I have to give up, and how much of the sinister side of faerie will I have to embrace? To sit on a throne that has ruled through bloodshed and violence for centuries, I might have to become that which I dread the most.

Enemies watch my every move. My cousin Cel strives to have me killed even now from his prison cell. But not all the assassination attempts are his. Some Unseelie nobles have waited centuries for my aunt Andais, Queen of Air and Darkness, to become weak enough that she might be toppled from her throne. Enemies unforeseen move against us–enemies who would murder the least among us.

The threat will drive us to allow human police into faerie for the first time in our history. I need my allies now more than ever, especially since fate will lead me into the arm of Mistral, Master of Storms, the queen’s new captain of her guard. Our passion will reawaken powers long forgotten among the warriors of the sidhe. Pain and pleasure await me–and danger, as well, for some at that court seek only death.

I will find new joys with the butterfly-winged demi-fey. My guards and I will show all of faerie that violence and sex are as popular among the sidhe as they are among the lesser fey of our court. The Darkness will weep, and Frost will comfort him. The gentlest of my guards will find new strength and break my heart. Passions undreamed of await us–and my enemies gather, for the future of both courts of faerie begins to unravel.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:13 -0400)

I am Meredith Gentry, P.I., solving cases in Los Angeles, far from the peril and deception of my real home-because I am also Princess Meredith, heir to the darkest throne faerie has to offer. The Unseelie Court infuses me with its power. But at what price does such magic come? How much of my human side will I have to give up, and how much of the sinister side of faerie will I have to embrace? To sit on a throne that has ruled through bloodshed and violence for centuries, I might have to become that which I dread the most. Enemies watch my every move. My cousin Cel strives to have me killed even now from his prison cell. But not all the assassination attempts are his. Some Unseelie nobles have waited centuries for my aunt Andais, Queen of Air and Darkness, to become weak enough that she might be toppled from her throne. Enemies unforeseen move against us-enemies who would murder the least among us. The threat will drive us to allow human police into faerie for the first time in our history. I need my allies now more than ever, especially since fate will lead me into the arm of Mistral, Master of Storms, the queen's new captain of her guard. Our passion will reawaken powers long forgotten among the warriors of the sidhe. Pain and pleasure await me-and danger, as well, for some at that court seek only death. I will find new joys with the butterfly-winged demi-fey. My guards and I will show all of faerie that violence and sex are as popular among the sidhe as they are among the lesser fey of our court. The Darkness will weep, and Frost will comfort him. The gentlest of my guards will find new strength and break my heart. Passions undreamed of await us-and my enemies gather, for the future of both courts of faerie begins to unravel. From the Hardcover edition.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,760,161 books! | Top bar: Always visible