Agents of Light and Darkness (Nightside,…

Agents of Light and Darkness (Nightside, Book 2) (original 2003; edition 2003)

by Simon R. Green

1,196376,704 (3.94)30
Member:msbhaven
Title:Agents of Light and Darkness (Nightside, Book 2)
Authors:Simon R. Green
Info:Ace (2003), Mass Market Paperback, 240 pages

Agents of Light and Darkness by Simon R. Green (2003)

Recently added byborbet, private library, jquincy, dmaness, radiantcrimson, Gobbers, webmobster, mguernsey, kollarnunez

Fun dark urban-fantasy series. The first one "Something from the Nightside" was a short face-paced read. This is similar. My quibble with this second book is that the author reused a few too many descriptions verbatim from the series' first book -- these clever turns of phrases and bon mots work once, but when repeated word for word seem lazy. ( )
  borbet | Oct 21, 2014 |
3.5 ( )
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |
I read the first two books in this series in two days. I thoroughly enjoyed Something from the Nightside (book 1). I thought it provided fantastic humor and great notes of horror. The second book was not quite as engrossing, but I think it would have been if I had given it a few days in between. John Taylor is slowly becoming more interested in the idea of learning about his mother which will likely have some unfortunate consequences. The style of the novel is in keeping with the first book and uses a similar narrator. The pace of the novels is great, and the details of the world were well imagined and engaging. I will certainly continue with the series, but I'll be taking a little break first. ( )
  BJ3568 | Aug 24, 2014 |

Never before did I consider that I was attracted to horror stories, but Green has made me realize that I enjoy some pretty sick and twisted s^*t! In this Nightside installment John Taylor is going after the Unholy Grail, and recruits some fairly colorful sidekicks for this particular case. One thing that I'm finding about this writer is that you have to look past his love of cliches, and see the brilliance of his plots and love for detailed gore. Not much to review about in this one; so I am off to find the next installment.
Very spooky reading to you pretties! ( )
  wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |
I listened to the audio version. Marc Vietor did a great job with it.
  Kat_Hooper | Apr 6, 2014 |
I'm John Taylor. A private eye who operates mainly in the darker areas of the Twilight Zone.

The Nightside is the sick, secret, magical heart of London, where gods and monsters go to make the deals and seek the pleasures they won't find anywhere else.

I find things. It's a gift, and sometimes... they find me.
There is only the one church in the Nightside.

"Taylor is the name. John Taylor....My card says I'm a detective, but what I really am is an expert on finding things. It's part of the Gift I was born with as a child of the Nightside - the hidden heart of London where it's always three a.m., where inhuman creatures and otherworldly gods walk side-by-side in the endless darkness of the soul.

"Assignment: Locate the Unholy Grail, the cup Judas drank from at the Last Supper. It corrupts all who touch it, but it also grants enormous power. So I've got some competition - from angels, devils, sinners and saints - in the search for the dark goblet."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441011136, Mass Market Paperback)

The New York Times bestselling author takes readers back to the Nightside.

A quest for the Unholy Grail-the goblet from which Judas drank at the Last Supper-takes private eye John Taylor deep into the secret, magical heart of London...called the Nightside.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:54:42 -0400)

Working in Nightside, the dark underworld beneath the streets of London, John Taylor, gifted with the ability of finding things that are lost, is determined to locate The Unholy Grail--the cup, rife with power and corruption, that Judas drank from at the Last Supper--before it falls into the wrong hands.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,328,091 books! | Top bar: Always visible