Blood Rites: A Novel of the Dresden Files by…

Blood Rites: A Novel of the Dresden Files (edition 2010)

by Jim Butcher

Member:Areopagite
Title:Blood Rites: A Novel of the Dresden Files
Authors:Jim Butcher
Info:Roc Hardcover (2010), Edition: 1 Reissue, Hardcover, 384 pages
Collections:E-Books, Fantasy, Your library
Rating:*****

Blood Rites by Jim Butcher

Recently added byprivate library, nielsnej, ruthkneale, akfair, wolface1, Lunytoucan

Every one of these Dresden books is the same. They all blur together. I have no way to tell them apart. I've read about 6 of these books, and they really are pretty good. But, they are all in the average category. None of them stand out as really that awesome.

After reading this particular book, I was like, well, that was kind of boring. Why the hell did I even finish it? Oh yea. For some reason, I just love Dresden crying like a little girl. ( )
  gecizzle | Mar 5, 2015 |
Finally done with Harry Dresden. While I quite enjoyed it at first, his character just made reading the series harder and harder. He is a self-righteous ass and his chauvinism becomes quite irritating. ( )
  kenzen | Feb 23, 2015 |
another tasty Lays potato chip. A good quick read. ( )
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
another tasty Lays potato chip. A good quick read. ( )
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
If you haven't read the previous books this review may contain spoilers.

This the last Harry Dresden book I am reading. For a while, while I enjoyed them I am not sure I want a steady diet of them.

This book is full of entropy curses, sorcery, demons, vampires, old enemies, new enemies, old friends, wizards, mercenaries and puppies. Yes I said puppies.

Harry gets a job to protect a film crew from an "Evil Eye", mixed in with the film crew are the White Vampires, which brings in his old friend (?) Thomas. Then Marva and the Black Vampires make an appearance leading Harry to move against them.

Once again multiples beings are trying to kill Harry. He gets help from his friends, hires some help and learns more about his past along the way. Harry maintains his mostly chauvinistic ways, however, he never puts women down, just feels they need protecting. Except for Murphy, and the women working evil spells, and the Vampire queen. I think that's all.

There is a lot of supernatural action in this, fight scenes, and at the end a resolution, but also more questions, to keep the Dresden Files going. While these books are more of the same, I do agree with many that Butcher gets better as he goes along. ( )
  BellaFoxx | Feb 14, 2015 |

Butcher, Jimprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
MacLeod, LeeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my nieces and nephews: Craig, Emily, Danny, Ellie, Gabriel, Lori, Anna, Mikey, Kaitlyn, Greta, Foster and Baby-To-Be-Named-Later. I hope you all grow up to find as much joy in reading as has your uncle.
The building was on fire, and it wasn't my fault.
"What about her death curse?"
I blinked.
"You'd thought of that, right?" he asked.
"What death curse?" I stammered.
"Use your head, boy," Ebenezar said. "If she's got a wizard's power, she might well be able to level a death curse at you when she goes down."
"Oh, come on," I muttered. "That's no fair. She's already dead."
She flipped to a second page and took a pen from behind one hair-bun. "Oh, what would you like on your vegetarian pizza?"
"Dead pigs and cows," I said.
She glanced up at me and wrinkled her nose.
"They're vegetarians," I said defensively.
"But what do you want on yours? I mean, I'm supposed to make everyone happy here."
"Kill me some animals, then," I said. "It's a protein thing."
"Oh, you should have said," Inari replied, smiling at me. We stopped in front of a door and she scribbled on her clipboard. "Some extra cheese, maybe some beans and corn. Or wait. Tofu. Protein. I'll fix you up."
Bean-curd pizza, good grief. I should raise my rates.

For Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard, there have been worse assignments than going undercover on the set of an adult film. Like fleeing a burning building full of enraged demon monkeys, for instance. Or going to toe-to-leaf with a walking pant monster. Still, there's something more troubling than usual about the newest case. the film's producer believes he's the target of a sinister entropy curse, but it's the women around him who are dying, in increasingly spectacular ways.

Harry's doubly frustrated because he got involed with this bizarre mystery only as a favor to Thomas, his flirtatious, self-absorbed vampire acquaintance of dubious integrity. Thomas has a personal stake in the case Harry can't quite figure out until his investigation leads him straight to Thomas' oversexed vampire family. Harry's about to discover that Thomas' family tree has been hiding a shocking secret: a revelation that will change Harry's life forever.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451459873, Mass Market Paperback)

Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard, takes on a case as a favor to his friend Thomas-a vampire of dubious integrity-only to become the prime suspect in a series of ghastly murders.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:32:46 -0400)

While going undercover on the set of an adult film to investigate the mysterious deaths of several actresses, Chicago wizard Harry Desden unexpectedly learns the shocking truth about his vampire friend Thomas.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,159,581 books! | Top bar: Always visible