Blood Rites: A Novel of the Dresden Files by…

Blood Rites: A Novel of the Dresden Files (edition 2010)

by Jim Butcher

Info:Roc Hardcover (2010), Edition: 1 Reissue, Hardcover, 384 pages
Collections:E-Books, Fantasy, Your library
Rating:*****

Blood Rites by Jim Butcher

Took me an inexplicably long time to finish it - but I did absolutely love it! Dresden is still a highly entertaining, witty and humorous bastard that somehow keeps finding a way out of the most unbelievable and screwed-up situations! And I cannot believe he got a dog!

Murphy is less and less annoying, Thomas really grew on me in this book, the evil Papa Reith was really... evil.

All that Arturo Genosa situation failed to keep me interested, though. Ijust read the book, yet I still cannot tell Emma from Joan or Joan from Gisel or Bobby from that other guy or whatever.

Lara is positively bad-ass. And smart. And sexy. Hope to see more of her. ( )
  v_allery | Apr 19, 2015 |
Every one of these Dresden books is the same. They all blur together. I have no way to tell them apart. I've read about 6 of these books, and they really are pretty good. But, they are all in the average category. None of them stand out as really that awesome.

After reading this particular book, I was like, well, that was kind of boring. Why the hell did I even finish it? Oh yea. For some reason, I just love Dresden crying like a little girl. ( )
  gecizzle | Mar 5, 2015 |
Finally done with Harry Dresden. While I quite enjoyed it at first, his character just made reading the series harder and harder. He is a self-righteous ass and his chauvinism becomes quite irritating. ( )
  kenzen | Feb 23, 2015 |
another tasty Lays potato chip. A good quick read. ( )
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |
another tasty Lays potato chip. A good quick read. ( )
  jaddington | Feb 16, 2015 |

Butcher, Jimprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
MacLeod, LeeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my nieces and nephews: Craig, Emily, Danny, Ellie, Gabriel, Lori, Anna, Mikey, Kaitlyn, Greta, Foster and Baby-To-Be-Named-Later. I hope you all grow up to find as much joy in reading as has your uncle.
The building was on fire, and it wasn't my fault.
"What about her death curse?"
I blinked.
"You'd thought of that, right?" he asked.
"What death curse?" I stammered.
"Use your head, boy," Ebenezar said. "If she's got a wizard's power, she might well be able to level a death curse at you when she goes down."
"Oh, come on," I muttered. "That's no fair. She's already dead."
She flipped to a second page and took a pen from behind one hair-bun. "Oh, what would you like on your vegetarian pizza?"
"Dead pigs and cows," I said.
She glanced up at me and wrinkled her nose.
"They're vegetarians," I said defensively.
"But what do you want on yours? I mean, I'm supposed to make everyone happy here."
"Kill me some animals, then," I said. "It's a protein thing."
"Oh, you should have said," Inari replied, smiling at me. We stopped in front of a door and she scribbled on her clipboard. "Some extra cheese, maybe some beans and corn. Or wait. Tofu. Protein. I'll fix you up."
Bean-curd pizza, good grief. I should raise my rates.

For Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard, there have been worse assignments than going undercover on the set of an adult film. Like fleeing a burning building full of enraged demon monkeys, for instance. Or going to toe-to-leaf with a walking pant monster. Still, there's something more troubling than usual about the newest case. the film's producer believes he's the target of a sinister entropy curse, but it's the women around him who are dying, in increasingly spectacular ways.

Harry's doubly frustrated because he got involed with this bizarre mystery only as a favor to Thomas, his flirtatious, self-absorbed vampire acquaintance of dubious integrity. Thomas has a personal stake in the case Harry can't quite figure out until his investigation leads him straight to Thomas' oversexed vampire family. Harry's about to discover that Thomas' family tree has been hiding a shocking secret: a revelation that will change Harry's life forever.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451459873, Mass Market Paperback)

Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard, takes on a case as a favor to his friend Thomas-a vampire of dubious integrity-only to become the prime suspect in a series of ghastly murders.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:32:46 -0400)

While going undercover on the set of an adult film to investigate the mysterious deaths of several actresses, Chicago wizard Harry Desden unexpectedly learns the shocking truth about his vampire friend Thomas.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,603,292 books! | Top bar: Always visible