Blood Rites: A Novel of the Dresden Files by…

Blood Rites: A Novel of the Dresden Files (edition 2010)

by Jim Butcher

Info:Roc Hardcover (2010), Edition: 1 Reissue, Hardcover, 384 pages
Collections:E-Books, Fantasy, Your library
Rating:*****

Blood Rites by Jim Butcher

I'm quickly becoming a die hard fan of The Dresden Files and Jim Butcher is up there with my "all-time-favorite-authors." I love the characters, I love the witty dialogue, the crazy suspense that gets broken with a well placed one-liner that makes me laugh, and puppies. That's right...puppies. Only Harry could get away with dropping a floppy eared, cuddly pup in the middle of all the action. It worked for me.

I love the action scenes and the magical elements are fabulous. This series feeds my fantasy world cravings without fail. This book did have a little different vibe from the first five, but there is a good reason for it. About half-way through it was clear that the author is setting things up for a big twist that will dig deeper into Harry's past and expand the series for years (hopefully) to come. I wasn't really wild about the ending, but it made sense in a weird sort of way. The stage is set and I can't wait to see what's in store for Harry next! ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
binge reading at its best! ( )
  brandochic | Feb 22, 2016 |
Harry just keeps getting into more dangerous and exciting adventures with every new story. Here he is hired to try to save a film production's female crew from a curse, an it is quite a wild crew. Giving us the readers some hilarious moments of dialog. I loved the "Schlong Jockey" comment.
He unites with Thomas, Ebenezer and Murphy to rid the city of certain nasties and a there is damage to one of them. Mister is miffed when meets a visiter Harry brings home, not his cup of tea.
Harry has a few revelations to deal with, some difficult some happy. He gets to meet one person from his past that brings him to tears. This chapter in Harry's life will change him forever, giving him ties he never felt before.
LOVED IT
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
In this sixth book of the Dresden Files, Harry needs to confront a powerful vampire from the Black Court that he met in a previous book. As usual, he is also looking into some magic murdering. This is going on at the set of a movie studio for a friend, Thomas, from the White Court.
In the course of this fastpaced adventure, Harry learns a bit more about his past and Jim Butches fleshes out the machinations of the White Court. ( )
  quiBee | Jan 21, 2016 |
This series, as always, is incredible! Stop what you're doing and pick this series up right away. ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |

Butcher, Jimprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
MacLeod, LeeCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marsters, JamesNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my nieces and nephews: Craig, Emily, Danny, Ellie, Gabriel, Lori, Anna, Mikey, Kaitlyn, Greta, Foster and Baby-To-Be-Named-Later. I hope you all grow up to find as much joy in reading as has your uncle.
The building was on fire, and it wasn't my fault.
"What about her death curse?"
I blinked.
"You'd thought of that, right?" he asked.
"What death curse?" I stammered.
"Use your head, boy," Ebenezar said. "If she's got a wizard's power, she might well be able to level a death curse at you when she goes down."
"Oh, come on," I muttered. "That's no fair. She's already dead."
She flipped to a second page and took a pen from behind one hair-bun. "Oh, what would you like on your vegetarian pizza?"
"Dead pigs and cows," I said.
She glanced up at me and wrinkled her nose.
"They're vegetarians," I said defensively.
"But what do you want on yours? I mean, I'm supposed to make everyone happy here."
"Kill me some animals, then," I said. "It's a protein thing."
"Oh, you should have said," Inari replied, smiling at me. We stopped in front of a door and she scribbled on her clipboard. "Some extra cheese, maybe some beans and corn. Or wait. Tofu. Protein. I'll fix you up."
Bean-curd pizza, good grief. I should raise my rates.

For Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard, there have been worse assignments than going undercover on the set of an adult film. Like fleeing a burning building full of enraged demon monkeys, for instance. Or going to toe-to-leaf with a walking pant monster. Still, there's something more troubling than usual about the newest case. the film's producer believes he's the target of a sinister entropy curse, but it's the women around him who are dying, in increasingly spectacular ways.

Harry's doubly frustrated because he got involed with this bizarre mystery only as a favor to Thomas, his flirtatious, self-absorbed vampire acquaintance of dubious integrity. Thomas has a personal stake in the case Harry can't quite figure out until his investigation leads him straight to Thomas' oversexed vampire family. Harry's about to discover that Thomas' family tree has been hiding a shocking secret: a revelation that will change Harry's life forever.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451459873, Mass Market Paperback)

Harry Dresden, Chicago's only professional wizard, takes on a case as a favor to his friend Thomas-a vampire of dubious integrity-only to become the prime suspect in a series of ghastly murders.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:21 -0400)

While going undercover on the set of an adult film to investigate the mysterious deaths of several actresses, Chicago wizard Harry Desden unexpectedly learns the shocking truth about his vampire friend Thomas.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,259,951 books! | Top bar: Always visible