Lost and Found by Alan Dean Foster

Lost and Found (2004)

by Alan Dean Foster

Series: The Taken (book 1)

Recently added byfilmbuff1994, ConalO, Beorn_se_Bacaire, galphin, private library, mazelibrary

Taken/1
  svfreeman | Jul 19, 2010 |
A book about guy who gets kidnapped by aliens. I wanted to like it but I probably wouldn't have finished reading it if I hadn't been traveling. The characters just weren't all that likeable, although Braouk was pretty cool, and the whole thing just didn't seem all that plausible. It never pulled me in to the point where I really cared whether they escaped or not. I just assumed they would and blew through the book trying to get to the end. Reading it was more of a chore than a pleasure and as I mentioned, if I hadn't been travelling I probably wouldn't have bothered. ( )
  Awfki | Aug 16, 2008 |
Good read. Fast moving. What you would expect from a book - a simple, page turner with no lasting impact. ( )
  whjensen | Mar 28, 2007 |
Marcus Walker, commodities trader, is unexpectedly kidnapped by aliens to be part of an interplanetary zoo. He finds himself in an enclosure with George, a Chicago mutt who has been endowed with intelligence and speech by the aliens, along with a host of other "cute" imprisoned alien species. How Marcus and George adapt, survive, and eventually escape is quite a good read, and cries out for a sequel. I said as much to Foster when he signed the book, and he replied that a trilogy had already been written, but the publishers were taking their own sweet time. ( )
  burnit99 | Jan 18, 2007 |

Alan Dean Fosterprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stevenson, DavidCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stevenson, DavidCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my niece, Veronica Elizabeth Marshall
A shanghaied dog story.
Marcus Walker loved Chicago, and Chicago loved him, which is why he was in Bug Jump, California.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345461274, Mass Market Paperback)

Ever since his classic debut, The Tar-Aiym Krang, the first of the wildly successful Pip and Flinx adventures, New York Times bestselling author Alan Dean Foster has captivated readers around the world. Now this writer of bold imagination and stunning originality has created an electrifying space epic set in a universe at once strangely familiar and starkly terrifying. Familiar because the universe is ours; terrifying because the human condition might soon be. . . .

Not so long ago Marcus Walker was just another young commodities trader in Chicago, working hard and playing harder. But that’s all in the past, part of a life half forgotten—a reality that vanished when he was attacked while camping and tossed aboard a starship bound for deep space.

Desperately, Walker searches for explanations, only to realize he’s trapped in a horrifying nightmare that is all too real. Instead of being a rich hotshot at the top of the food chain, Walker discovers he’s just another amusing novelty, part of a cargo of “cute” aliens from primitive planets—destined to be sold as pets to highly advanced populations in “civilized” regions of the galaxy.

Even if he weren’t constantly watched by his captors, Walker has few options. After all, there is no escape from a speeding starship. Another man might resign himself to the inevitable and hope to be sold to a kindly owner, but not Walker. This former college football star has plenty of American ingenuity and no intention of admitting defeat, now or ever. In fact, he’s only just begun to fight.

The adventure will continue with two more novels

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:03:58 -0400)

Kidnapped by a starship bound for deep space, Marcus Walker learns that he is to be sold to a wealthy collector as a native from a primitive planet and befriends a talking dog named George, who becomes an ally in their plan to escape.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,415,472 books! | Top bar: Always visible