Sacred Stone by Clive Cussler

English (7)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (9)
The Oregon Files is a series reminiscent of the A-Team. Good guys win, bad guys lose, just how it 'should' be. Entertaining and fun to listen to when driving. Not sure if I could actually read a book though. This one a billionaire goes psycho over the death of his son and creates a plan to single-handedly deal a crippling blow the Islamic religion. Possibly killing millions. The Corporation by chance happens to get caught up in the middle and do what they can to save the day. ( )
  readafew | Aug 19, 2013 |
I'm a pretty big fan of Cussler, I own all of his books, most in 1st Edition Hardcovers, but this one definitely let the standards slip, it's certainly not in the league of the NUMA or Dirk Pitt books. It left me wondering about the level of Cussler's involvement in the writing of this book and how much was his co-author as not only was it lacking the usual suspense & depth ending virtually every chapter with "little did he know that ...." was tiring.
  HenriMoreaux | Mar 30, 2013 |
What a fast-paced page-turner. It's starting out in Greenland in a earlier time. Back in our time the plot is taking the reader from Greenland to Scotland further down to England and finally to the Arabian Peninsula. The corporation team needs all twist and angle to solve the requested problems but it wouldn't be a real Cussler when his protagonists wouldn't be able to rescue the world. ( )
  Ameise1 | Feb 16, 2013 |
This is one of the worst books I've ever read. I don't say that lightly. There are plenty of books which I've abandoned because I didn't get on with them, because they aren't the sort of books I like, or because I didn't connect with the characters.

The reason I say this book is so bad is because the plotting is so lazy. More than once the author uses the device, "little did he know that..." in order to introduce a plot point so the rest of the book makes sense. ( )
  paulmorriss | Apr 26, 2010 |
I really enjoyed this book, I felt like I was reading a Dirk Pitt novel. ( )
  df6b_mattW | May 4, 2009 |

Clive Cusslerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dirgo, Craigmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425198480, Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:36:29 -0400)

Clive Cussler debuted his new series, The Oregon Files, with the incredible adventure of Golden Buddha. Now he follows that triumph with Sacred Stone, a rollicking new tale featuring the enigmatic captain of The Oregon, Juan Cabrillo. In the remote wastes of Greenland, an ancient artifact possessing catastrophic radioactive power is unearthed. But the astounding find puts the world at risk. Caught between two militant factions bent on wholesale slaughter, Juan Cabrillo and his network of spies known as The Corporation must fight to protect the stone-and prevent the outbreak of World War III. In the remote wastes of Greenland, a young scientist has unearthed an artifact hidden in a cave for a millennium-a 50,000-year-old meteorite known as the Sacred Stone, which possesses potentially catastrophic radioactive power. But the astounding find places him in the crosshairs of two opposing terrorist groups who seek the stone for themselves. One is a group of Muslim extremists who have stolen a nuclear device. With the power of the meteorite, they could vaporize any city in the West. The other group is led by a megalomaniacal industrialist who seeks to carry out the utter annihilation of Islam itself. Caught between two militant factions bent on wholesale slaughter, Juan Cabrillo and his ship of high-tech mercenaries known as the Corporation must fight to protect the Sacred Stone-and prevent the outbreak of World War III.… (more)

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,728,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible