Fred and Ted like to fly (Beginner Books(R))…

Fred and Ted like to fly (Beginner Books(R))

by Peter Anthony Eastman

Recently added byprivate library, MiguelPut, ObiWanCanOweMe, jenniebooks, bedda, goretti, reganzzzz, Mithril

A great sequel to [b:Big Dog . . . Little Dog|386448|Big Dog . . . Little Dog|P.D. Eastman|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1320388594s/386448.jpg|1888052] and a very good early reader. We enjoyed the sneaky references to [a:P.D. Eastman|13898|P.D. Eastman|http://www.goodreads.com/assets/nophoto/nophoto-M-50x66-e07624dc012f2cce49c7d9aa6500c6c0.jpg] beloved books. Actually, it was my four year old who caught those. A few pages in, he recognized the little bird from [b:Are You My Mother?|899602|Are You My Mother?|P.D. Eastman|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1333578439s/899602.jpg|1837885] (a particular favorite of his), and shortly thereafter he said "but that's Otto!" "Who's Otto?", I asked him. "It's Otto from [b:A Fish Out of Water|899608|A Fish Out of Water|Helen Palmer Geisel|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1320551686s/899608.jpg|728902], mommy!" I simply hadn't realized that [a:P.D. Eastman|13898|P.D. Eastman|http://www.goodreads.com/assets/nophoto/nophoto-M-50x66-e07624dc012f2cce49c7d9aa6500c6c0.jpg] actually illustrated [a:Helen Palmer Geisel's|4337001|Helen Palmer Geisel|http://www.goodreads.com/assets/nophoto/nophoto-F-50x66-2a9d702c2a0f483c9f7dd119cc28a9a7.jpg] book, but now I know! ( )
  Fjola | Oct 17, 2013 |
I loved the art. It was very fitting to the story. Reminded me of the books I read as a child. Simple text but works for the story and the age group it was trying to satisfy. Really shows the importance of brotherhood and friendship, so any child that seems to have that in his/her life but is struggling with something, this might be a good book to read and perhaps show him/her that they have the possibility of those kind of bonds in their lives. Sometimes kids need a little nudge, and sometimes it has to come from a book, even if it's as simple as this. Very fun, and very educational in proper socialization. ( )
  Meerkat4 | Apr 19, 2012 |
Just like the Dr. Seuss books which are great for kids learning how to read because the words rhyme and look alike. The pictures good along good with the story and kids enjoy being able to read on their own.
  marifab64 | Jun 6, 2011 |

Fred and Ted—beloved canine stars of P. D. Eastman's Big Dog . . . Little Dog and son Peter Eastman's Fred and Ted Go Camping—take flight on a new adventure: piloting planes to a tropical island! There the good friends enjoy the beach, each in his own style. But will the dogs' tale be ruined by the rising tide? It's a close-call for Fred and Ted in this charming introduction to opposites!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:31 -0400)

Friends Fred and Ted fly their planes to the beach and enjoy spending the day together, even though they do things very differently all along the way.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,256,712 books! | Top bar: Always visible