Hotter After Midnight by Cynthia Eden

Hotter After Midnight (edition 2008)

by Cynthia Eden

Info:Brava (2008), Paperback, 272 pages
Collections:To read
Tags:TBR

Hotter After Midnight by Cynthia Eden

Recently added byTala2cubs, dsdumpling, private library, Debbie97462, Susan33, atcolorado, msantana1

Colin sounds hot hot hot!!! I am kinda jealous :) Emily has her work cut out for her with this hottie.

It was a kinda draggy read till the end but over all enjoyable. ( )
  Bettyb30 | Jun 24, 2013 |
I thoroughly enjoyed this book!
• The plot was interesting and fresh, with enough twist and turns to keep you on your toes.
• Characters were defined, well developed, and original.
• The romance between the characters was believable and realistic.
• Steamy sex scenes were graphic but not too outrageous and worked well within the story.
• Overall this book was surprisingly original, well developed, and had seamless execution.

I’m looking forward to the next in the series. A definite reread!
  TragicButterfly | Jun 14, 2013 |

As far as I'm concerned, this book is hot before, during and after midnight. I really liked this story, the first of the Midnight Trilogy. Emily Drake has been able to see the Other (as in all mythical creatures) ever since she was a child. Now she's a shrink to the things that are the cause of what goes bump in the night. That's actually a rather cute idea. When savagely mutilated body of a demon turns up, an old friend and Captain of the Atlanta PD calls her in for her help.

Detective Colin Gyth is instantly weary of the gorgeous psychic doctor who seems to know what he is. She tempts him like no other woman ever has and he knows he's in trouble when his protective instincts flare up where she's concerned. Because, shifters are very protective of only their mates, aren't they?

The schmexy times outweighed the suspense in this book. Personally, I don't find that a bad thing because I loved the chemistry between Emily and Colin and watching them try to figure out where they were headed was very cute. It was one of those light, feel-good reads with a touch of danger. Just what I needed to unwind after a horrible day. Thank you Ms Eden for making my blood hammer, lol. Now, may I please have a Colin too? ( )
  MsRomanticReads | Apr 12, 2013 |
3.5 stars ( )
  Irishcontessa | Mar 30, 2013 |
I mainly picked this up because the hero's name was Colin (and not because of the Christian Slater-ish cover) and then after a slightly dodgy start (psychologist treats a vampire scared of blood, hur hur) the book turned out to be an enjoyable paranormal romance which took itself fairly seriously. As a whodunit it was very clumsy, but as a romance it worked well for me. Colin's an alpha male with a territorial streak and a touch of the woobie about him, and Emily's a likeable mix of kickass and vulnerable: together they fight crime! The wider worldbuilding was too light on for my satisfaction and the information delivery a bit confusing, but the novel spun along very nicely and kept me entertained.
  vissy | Jan 18, 2011 |

Dr. Emily Drake’s patients tend to be a little unusual. Instead of the typical therapist’s caseload of midlife crises and mother fixations, Emily treats vampires with blood phobias and sex-demons looking for meaningful relationships. But her gift for recognizing and healing the Other—those creatures of the night that most humans don’t even know exist—requires a few house rules. First: Never trust a shifter. Especially not one like Detective Colin Gyth whose gold-flecked eyes and predatory air make Emily realize how much she’s been longing to lose control…

Colin can’t believe the doctor he’s been assigned to work with on the Night Butcher murder investigation is the one person who could expose his true identity as a wolf shifter. Smart, sexy, and stubborn as hell, Emily brings out the alpha male in Colin, unleashing a wild, heady desire that takes them both over the edge.

But in the shadows, the Night Butcher waits…eager to spill Emily’s blood and taste her terror. And he’ll use any means to destroy her, including the one person she has grown to trust…

Instead of having the typical therapist's caseload of midlife crises and mother fixations, Dr. Emily Drake treats vampires with blood phobias and sex-demons looking for meaningful relationships. But when she's assigned to work with Detective Colin Gyth on the Night Butcher murder investigation, she is the one person who knows his true identity as a wolf shifter. In the shadows, the Night Butcher waits for Emily, and he'll use any means to destroy her, including the one person she has grown to trust.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,749,207 books! | Top bar: Always visible