Ghost Moon by Rebecca York

Ghost Moon (edition 2008)

by Rebecca York

Member:msbhaven
Title:Ghost Moon
Authors:Rebecca York
Info:Berkley (2008), Paperback, 320 pages
Tags:Coming Soon - 2008

Ghost Moon by Rebecca York

Book review of Ghost Moon by Rebecca York.

From goodreads.com

York delivers the seventh novel in her paranormal Moon series. A freed slave from a parallel universe, Quinn has come to this world on a mission, but she's interrupted by the ghost of Caleb, a seductive werewolf who had been murdered by the ancestors of Quinn's dearest friends.

Leona's Review:

To be honest, I needed a Y for my author's challenge of reads and found this at my library.
Quinn is from another world and has gone through a portal to the world of her friends.
Caleb was killed by his cousin 75 years ago and is a werewolf.
This book held my attention even though it is not usually the type of book I read. The author kept my interest to the end.
I did not care for the sexual language in the book but liked the relationship of the characters. As the reader, I became familiar with the characters, good and bad.
The book is fast moving and quite detailed in descriptions so the reader is not lost with the many characters and different worlds. I think they author has done a great job and I did enjoy the read. I am giving it a 4 star only because of some of the language.

Leona Olson

I am adding this information from amazon.com so the reader can have some information about Rebecca York.

From amazon.com:
Biography
"[Rebecca York's] books. . . deliver what they promise: excitement, mystery, romance. . ."
- Michael Dirda, Washington Post

An award-winning, best-selling novelist, Ruth Glick is the author of over 140 books. Writing as Rebecca York, she has authored or co-authored over 90 romantic suspense novels. The first of her Berkley Sensation paranormal romantic suspense novels, KILLING MOON, was published in June 2003; EDGE OF THE MOON followed in August 2003 and WITCHING MOON in October 2003. KILLING MOON and EDGE OF THE MOON were launch books for the Berkley Sensation imprint.

She writes the popular 43 Light Street series for Harlequin Intrigue. Over 30 Light Street Intrigues have been published. NOWHERE MAN was called "one of the most heart-wrenching, moving works of romantic suspense in several years," by reviewer Harriet Klausner.

Ruth's many awards include two Rita finalist books. She has two Career Achievement awards from Romantic Times: for Series Romantic Suspense and Series Romantic Mystery. NOWHERE MAN was the Romantic Times Best Intrigue of 1998, and the book has been selected as one of their Reviewers' "all-time favorite 400 romances." In addition, she received the 1998 Affaire de Coeur's Critics Choice Award for Best Contemporary Novel, also for NOWHERE MAN. Ruth's book, KILLING MOON won the 2003 New Jersey Romance Writers Golden Leaf Award for best Paranormal. AMANDA'S CHILD won the 2001 Golden Leaf Award for Long Contemporary and was nominated for Best Intrigue of 2000 by Romantic Times. "Tyler" in BAYOU BLOOD BROTHERS won the 2001 Golden Leaf Award for best Novella. In 2007 THE SECRET NIGHT received the Romantic Times Reviewers Choice Award for best Harlequin Intrigue. She is one of only 14 romance novelists to have received the Romance Writers of America Centennial Award for having written over 100 romance novels. Ruth's cookbook, 100% PLEASURE, was picked by USA Today as one of the 12 best cookbooks of 1994; her FABULOUS LO-CARB CUISINE was a finalist for the Mid Atlantic Publishers Association's Excellence in Independent Publishing Award.

Several of Ruth's Moon books (WITCHING MOON, SHADOW OF THE MOON, and NEW MOON) have been on the USA Today best-seller list.

Ruth and her husband travel frequently to research settings for novels and taste new dishes for cookbooks. Her many unique experiences are apt to end up in her books--like the time she encountered a coral snake in the Guatemalan jungle or took a flight in a hot air balloon.

The author may be reached at http://www.rebeccayork.com ( )
  mnleona | Oct 29, 2014 |
TBR
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |
Three stars. I have read all of the full sized novels in this series up to this point, but admitedly I skipped the short novella from Elemental Magic because I was having trouble getting my hands on it. I have a feeling that was part of my problem with this book. Now, York's books are never ground breakingly brilliant. But they are, normally, crisp and quick stories with likeable characters. The Moon books surround the men of the Marshall family, so they tie in together and we get to see many of the same characters throughout--I know for me that's a big plus.

The plot of this book is a bit complex to explain. You have a ghost werewolf (Caleb Marshall) haunting these woods in what is basically the universe as we know it. He was killed by his family in the 1930s and has remained in ghostly limbo in the vague hope of seeking revenge. Then you have Quinn, who is from an ulternate dimension. She's working with the Marshall's (Rinna and Logan, who's story is in New Moon) to bring a pregnant woman over to our universe in order to save her from violence and political termoil taking place in the other universe. Quinn encounters Caleb and is the only human in a long time able to see and feel him--a romance developes and Caleb begins to believe that she is his mate. But Quinn's friends and Caleb's ghostly nature threaten the fragile connection between them.

Now the good things about this book are plenty. I like the plot quite a bit, especially at first. And York maintains an ability to create intense and dynamic meetings and interactions between her couple. The first time that Caleb and Quinn meet is remarably erotic. I liked Quinn a lot--she demonstrates intelligence, will, and strength.

Caleb on the other hand ended up being quite unlikeable. For some reason, rather then the strong steadfast Marshall man usually presented in these books, we are left with the emotionally challenged near comatose reck that is Caleb. I understand that what happens to him is tramatic and madness inducing, but in my oppinion he spends far to much time in the crazed, self hating, not really wanting to live stage. That or he's angry at everyone but those who really deserve it. He's frustrating and he brings the book down. The other negative for me, as I touched on briefly above, was that I wasn't able to read the story in Elemental Magic, so I missed out on the story of Quinn's best friend and how she fell in love. As such I wasn't emotionally attached to her and other than Quinn's concern for her, no real care what happened to her. So I would advise reading that one first if possible.

I still like this series a lot, though I wish it would get back to the basics as far as the Marshalls and their struggle. I would recommend starting with Killer Moon if you have not already. ( )
  fairypenguin | Jul 1, 2010 |

To protect one man, she must risk the vengeance of many...

A freed slave from a parallel universe, Quinn has come to this world on a vital mission. But she's stopped in her tracks by the seductive attentions of a mysterious spirit. He's a ghost named Caleb Marshall - a werewolf who was supposedly murdered by the ancestors of her dearest friends...

When Caleb finds a way to take over a human body, Quinn can no longer resist her overwhelming desire, even though she's not sure she can trust him. But soon she discovers that they have a common enemy - and if she doesn't act fast, she may lose the man she's come to love, along with her life....

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425222454, Mass Market Paperback)

To protect one man, she must risk the vengeance of many...

A freed slave from a parallel universe, Quinn has come to this world on a vital mission. But she's stopped in her tracks by the seductive attentions of a mysterious spirit. He's a ghost named Caleb Marshall—a werewolf who was supposedly murdered by the ancestors of her dearest friends...

When Caleb finds a way to take over a human body, Quinn can no longer resist her overwhelming desire, even though she's not sure she can trust him. But soon she discovers that they have a common enemy—and if she doesn't act fast, she may lose the man she's come to love, along with her life...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:56 -0400)

A freed slave from a parallel universe, Quinn came to this world to protect the pregnant wife of a powerful leader, only to find herself thwarted by ghost Caleb Marshall, a werewolf supposedly murdered by the ancestors of her closest friends.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,383,832 books! | Top bar: Always visible