Running Wild by Sarah McCarty

Running Wild (edition 2008)

by Sarah McCarty

Member:sidhevicious
Title:Running Wild
Authors:Sarah McCarty
Info:Berkley Trade (2008), Paperback, 368 pages
Tags:TBR, Paranormal Romance

Running Wild by Sarah McCarty

3 short stories of werewolves finding mates among sisters. Started out great with the story of Donovan. Hot!!! McCarty delivers on the sex scenes. It was a struggle to get through the second and third story because they mirrored the first one. Will read more from this author. ( )
  shaking | Jul 29, 2014 |
This is the first book in the Running Wild series. I like the approach that Ms. McCarty has used with this series. She writes three short stories that involve the main characters but they all combine to make one book. This book has three werewolves searching for their mates and finding them in three sisters. I like the ongoing plot of the book which is to start a new pack that will accept all of the lost individuals that have been banished by other packs. These would be half-werewolves and werewolves with human mates. I also like that these men, werewolves, can cook and understand the needs of their women. They are no less dominant, which in my books is necessary to be a werewolf male. They are also compassionate and loving a plus for the males. The women are courageous and unafraid to explore the more kinky side of sex that the men crave. I really like this series of books and I look forward to more books in the future. ( )
  LadyIsis | Mar 23, 2010 |
This is three stories of extremely alpha werewolves and how they found their mates which happen to be sisters. I really enjoyed this one and if the star system would work right, would have given it a 4.5. The sex was off the charts. I thought the ending was a bit abrupt which why I didn't give it a 5. Great book! ( )
  vwbernie | Apr 28, 2009 |
you know what was going to happen at the end but the romance with the 3 couples kept you reading. ( )
  Calisandria | Jan 18, 2009 |
I hadn't read anything really hot in a while so when I saw this anthology by Sarah McCarty, I ordered it on impulse. She writes extremely hot/intense long novels but they sometimes (IMHO) need tighter plotting and I was hopeful that she would perfom better in a shorter format. Running Wild has 3 seperate stories concerning 3 sisters. Each story stands on it's own but also builds from the previous one. The first one was hot and fun, but the second one was identical to the first, except that this sister was plumper. The third story was more of the same. I didn't feel the differentiation between the lovers and their stories at all. The men all had the same personality and almost the physical description. The women had slightly different life stories/personalities but somehow they didn't appear much different in the tales and they blurred together. I was disappointed. Perhaps if you didn't read all 3 at once (but they are in the same volume...) it would work better, but 3 in a row was definitely over kill for me.
Especially if you compare it to the next anthology I read - Angela Knight's Mercenaries - far, far hotter! So Running Wild was only adequate for me (though so much better than a lot of other stuff out there!) ( )
  amf0001 | Dec 7, 2008 |
It was going to be one of those nights.

blulrb: When passion flares, nothing - whether werewolf or human - will ever be the same.
Donovan - He is a Protector, and his directive is to bring the pack Alpha home and nothing more. But when Donovan catches the sexy human scent of Lisa Delaney, he’s hers, body and soul, and ready to risk both on an erotic desire that will shatter boundaries.
Kelon - Kelon likes his life as the biggest, baddest Protector of his pack. He fully intended to go back to his pack after he helps Donovan out, but he never counted on the voluptuous distraction of Robin Delaney. Soft sweet, and sexy. Robin is the one woman who can make him forget duty and contemplate a choice no werewolf should ever have to make.
Wyatt - In a pack where only the strong can lead and any weakness is exploited, Wyatt cant afford to be attracted to the ever practical, completely human Heather Delaney. But with her trim body, fiery temper, and lush mouth, Heather isn’t a woman a man ignores, no matter what the cost.

Three stories of sensual erotic romance. Three werewolves who feed a wild hunger…

Donovan must bring the Pack Alpha home and nothing more. But when he catches the sexy scent of Lisa Delaney, he’s hers, body and soul—and ready to risk both on an erotic desire that will shatter all boundaries.

Kelon intends to return to his pack after helping Donovan, but he never counted on the voluptuous distraction of Robin Delaney. She’s the one woman who can make him contemplate a choice no werewolf should have to make.

Wyatt can’t afford to be attracted to the practical, completely human Heather Delaney. But she isn’t a woman a man ignores—no matter what the cost.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:32:36 -0400)

Three stories of sensual erotic romance. Three werewolves who feed a wild hunger.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,311,822 books! | Top bar: Always visible