Martha Stewart's Cookies: The Very Best…

Martha Stewart's Cookies: The Very Best Treats to Bake and to Share…

by Martha Stewart Living Magazine

A gift from a friend, I haven't been brave enough to try all of the recipes in here - some of them are way beyond my skill level, and require tools I don't own (and never will!). But the cookies I have tried making have been a hit with family and friends. What's really special about this cookbook, aside from the recipes, are the pictures - gorgeous, full-page, life-size pictures of each cookie. Perfectly posed Martha Stewart-style, of course.

My recommendations? The Snickerdoodles (p.82) and the Raspberry Cream Sandwiches (p.93). If you aren't up to making the white chocolate raspberry filling for the later, I found that Brummel & Brown's Simply Strawberry spread is a wonderful substitute that stay's creamier and tastes lighter than the raspberry filling. ( )
  SunnySD | Dec 17, 2011 |
Featured at An Abundance of Books

I don't make a habit of reviewing cookbooks, but this one must be shared. There are 175 mouthwatering cookie pictures that make you want to bake every single one of them! The photographic table of contents is fantastic! It's divided into types of cookies (Light and Delicate, Soft and Chewy, Crumbly and Sandy, etc) with photographs of each cookie. Stewart has included savory "cookies" also. The recipes themselves range from easy to ridiculously involved. However, Martha Stewart's Cookies includes enough simple and manageable recipes to make it worth the purchase.
Super yummy with a lot of useful information and some great recipes even busy people can make. One of the best gifts I've ever given! Nom, nom, nom!

Read full review HERE ( )
  AbundanceofBooks | May 26, 2011 |
Yes, yes, I was one of those twentysomethings who subscribed to Martha Stewart Living magazine straight out of college, tearing out recipes and scrapbooking them like precious family photos. It's no great surprise, then, that I'm delighted to be rid of those greasy pages in favor of this professional, tape-free collection of cookie recipes. And unlike some greatest hits compilations, this one actually includes all of my favorites.

Of the seven major cookie categories listed, I prefer. . . uh, many, multiple. I'm nearly equal in my benevolence. My point? Loads of delicious recipes, ones I've been collecting for years, are now grouped droolingly in a softcover edition with gorgeous, full-color photographs next to single-page directions. Bake and enjoy.

Full review, with descriptions of more than a dozen recipes I've tried, on my blog at www.christinereads.com. ( )
  cemming | Jan 25, 2010 |
This is a nice book with recipes for a wide variety of cookies. I liked how the recipes were grouped according to texture (eg. crumbly, soft & chewy, etc.) and how the table of contents had pictures of every cookie. The book also covers all skill levels. Some are really easy while others seem a bit more complicated. I don't usually bake, but all the recipes I've tried so far have turned out well. ( )
  mauveberry | Dec 29, 2009 |
I was given a copy of this book yesterday by a friend who works for Martha Stewart Living. It's a gorgeous, impeccably edited and photographed (of course) compendium of all manner of cookie delights, with clear descriptions, techniques, and tips. Also some interesting interpretations of traditonal favorites, such as Rugelach Fingers - a bar-cookie interpretation of the traditional crescent-shaped confection. Sure to please your inner baker. ( )
  dreamreader | Mar 21, 2009 |

The perfect cookie for every occasion.

Cookies are the treat that never disappoints. Whether you’re baking for a party or a picnic, a formal dinner or a family supper–or if you simply want something on hand for snacking–there is a cookie that’s just right. In Martha Stewart’s Cookies, the editors of Martha Stewart Living give you 175 recipes and variations that showcase all kinds of flavors and fancies. Besides perennial pleasers like traditional chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin, there are other sweet surprises, including Rum Raisin Shortbread, Peppermint Meringue Sandwiches with Chocolate Filling, and Lime Meltaways.

Cleverly organized by texture, the recipes in Martha Stewart’s Cookies inspire you to think of a classic, nostalgic treat with more nuance. Chapters include all types of treasures: Light and Delicate (Cherry Tuiles, Hazelnut Cookies, Chocolate Meringues); Rich and Dense (Key Lime Bars, Chocolate Mint Sandwiches, Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies); Chunky and Nutty (Magic Blondies, Turtle Brownies, White Chocolate-Chunk Cookies); Soft and Chewy (Snickerdoodles, Fig Bars, Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies); Crisp and Crunchy (ANZAC Biscuits, Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti, Almond Spice Wafers); Crumbly and Sandy (Cappuccino-Chocolate Bites, Maple-Pecan Shortbread, Lemon-Apricot Sandwiches); and Cakey and Tender (Lemon Madeleines, Carrot Cake Cookies, Pumpkin Cookies with Brown-Butter Icing).

Each tantalizing recipe is accompanied by a lush, full-color photograph, so you never have to wonder how the cookie will look. Beautifully designed and a joy to read, Martha Stewart’s Cookies is rich with helpful tips and techniques for baking, decorating, and storing, as well as lovely gift-packaging ideas in standout Martha Stewart style.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:15 -0400)

Provides nearly two hundred recipes for cookies of all shapes, sizes, and textures, as well as tips on tools, techniques, and packaging ideas.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,491,582 books! | Top bar: Always visible