Death: The Final Stage of Growth by…

Death: The Final Stage of Growth

by Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

"Morris Pratt" Institute required reading
  CSL_Library | Nov 4, 2016 |
Morris Pratt Institute required reading
  CSL_Library | Nov 4, 2016 |
INDEX; RESOURCES;
  saintmarysaccden | May 9, 2013 |
Preface: A journey into the realm of death and growth -- Introduction -- Why is it so hard to die?: The organizational context of dying / Hans O. Mauksch. Death in the first person / Anonymous -- Death through some other windows: Dying among Alaskan Indians : a matter of choice / Murray L. Trelease. The Jewish view of death : guidelines for dying / Zachary I. Heller. The Jewish view of death : guidelines for mourning / Audrey Gordon. The death that ends death in Hinduism and Buddhism / J. Bruce Long -- Dying is easy, but living is hard: Living until death : a program of service and research for the terminally ill / Raymond G. Carey. Funerals : a time for grief and growth / Roy Nichols and Jane Nichols. A mother mourns and grows / Edith Mize. One woman's death--a victory and a triumph / Dorothy Pitkin -- Death and growth : unlikely partners?: Death as part of my own personal life / Elisabeth Kübler-Ross. Letter to Elisabeth : dedicated to Carol / Bal Mount. Louie / Shirley Holzer Jeffrey. For my wife Wanda : love will never go away / Orville Kelly -- Death : the final stage of growth: Dying as the last stage of growth / Mwalimu Imara
  fredheid | Oct 18, 2006 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0131969986, Paperback)

Ours is a death-denying society. But death is inevitable, and we must face the question of how to deal with it. Coming to terms with our own finiteness helps us discover life's true meaning.

Why do we treat death as a taboo? What are the sources of our fears? How do we express our grief, and how do we accept the death of a person close to us? How can we prepare for our own death?

Drawing on our own and other cultures' views of death and dying, Elisabeth Kübler-Ross provides some illuminating answers to these and other questions. She offers a spectrum of viewpoints, including those of ministers, rabbis, doctors, nurses, and sociologists, and the personal accounts of those near death and of their survivors.

Once we come to terms with death as a part of human development, the author shows, death can provide us with a key to the meaning of human existence.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:47 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,403,524 books! | Top bar: Always visible