How Stella Got Her Groove Back by Terry…

How Stella Got Her Groove Back (1996)

by Terry McMillan

The book was much better than the movie. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
A great romance novel. I prefer this book over the movie that was actually created from this novel. It has drama, romance, and a few parts that were funny. I found myself finding it pretty difficult to put this book down. A great read for a romance fix whether you are single or situated. ( )
  Lydia_Thompson | Feb 25, 2013 |
OK, another so-so read by McMillan, but I found it enjoyable. Because it features African-American characters it seemed to appeal to me more than if it had Caucasian characters. I know that sounds funny but it brings not only a story but thoughts and feelings that many black people can relate to, and I am not black so it gives me a different perspective. I'm not saying I am walking a mile in someone's shoes, just perhaps finding touchstones that show how alike we all are. Despite the color of the characters wouldn't we all like to vacation and fall in love with a beautiful person both inside and out? It's an escapist book full of friendship joy and laughter. Great movie available for those who like the book. ( )
  janiereader | Sep 14, 2012 |
SOFTBOOK
  sherikawashington | Jan 30, 2010 |
This is a fun book but if you worry about punctuations and the use of capitals don't read it. The book is written almost like a journal where as she straightens her life around the capitals and punctuations return. It didn't bother me. I took ggreat joy in reading this wonderful story and travel the road to new and fulfilling things with the character. ( )
  Kaoden39 | Jun 27, 2009 |
I hadn't planned on going anywhere.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0670869902, Hardcover)

The author of Waiting to Exhale checks in again with a fresh, exuberant novel. Stella Payne is a Superwoman who has everything--except a man to rock her world, something she's convinced she can well do without. On a spur-of-the-moment Jamaican vacation she meets Winston, a man half her age, and finds, to her dismay, that her world is indeed well and truly rocked. Stella soon realizes that she's come to a cataclysmic juncture in her life, one that forces new and difficult questions about her passions and expectations.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:16 -0400)

"Stella Payne is forty-two, divorced, a high-powered investment analyst, mother of eleven-year-old Quincy - and she does it all. In fact, if she doesn't do it, it doesn't get done, from Little League carpool duty to analyzing portfolios to folding the laundry and bringing home the bacon. She does it all well, too, if her chic house, personal trainer, BMW and her loving son are any indication. So what if there's been no one to share her bed with lately, let alone rock her world? Stella doesn't mind too much; she probably wouldn't have the energy for love - and all of love's nasty fallout - anyway." "But when Stella takes a spur-of-the-moment vacation to Jamaica, her world gets rocked to the core not just by the relaxing effects of sun and sea and an island full of attractive men, but by one man in particular. He's tall, lean, soft-spoken, Jamaican, smells of citrus and the ocean - and is half her age. The tropics have cast their spell and Stella soon realizes she has come to a cataclysmic juncture: not only must she confront her hopes and fears about love, she must question all of her expectations, passions, and ideas about life and the way she has lived it."--BOOK JACKET.Title Summary field provided by Blackwell North America, Inc. All Rights Reserved… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,388,789 books! | Top bar: Always visible