How Stella Got Her Groove Back by Terry…

How Stella Got Her Groove Back (original 1996; edition 2004)

by Terry McMillan

Member:jessit
Title:How Stella Got Her Groove Back
Authors:Terry McMillan
Info:NAL Trade (2004), Paperback, 448 pages

How Stella Got Her Groove Back by Terry McMillan (1996)

The book was much better than the movie. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
A great romance novel. I prefer this book over the movie that was actually created from this novel. It has drama, romance, and a few parts that were funny. I found myself finding it pretty difficult to put this book down. A great read for a romance fix whether you are single or situated. ( )
  Lydia_Thompson | Feb 25, 2013 |
OK, another so-so read by McMillan, but I found it enjoyable. Because it features African-American characters it seemed to appeal to me more than if it had Caucasian characters. I know that sounds funny but it brings not only a story but thoughts and feelings that many black people can relate to, and I am not black so it gives me a different perspective. I'm not saying I am walking a mile in someone's shoes, just perhaps finding touchstones that show how alike we all are. Despite the color of the characters wouldn't we all like to vacation and fall in love with a beautiful person both inside and out? It's an escapist book full of friendship joy and laughter. Great movie available for those who like the book. ( )
  janiereader | Sep 14, 2012 |
SOFTBOOK
  sherikawashington | Jan 30, 2010 |
This is a fun book but if you worry about punctuations and the use of capitals don't read it. The book is written almost like a journal where as she straightens her life around the capitals and punctuations return. It didn't bother me. I took ggreat joy in reading this wonderful story and travel the road to new and fulfilling things with the character. ( )
  Kaoden39 | Jun 27, 2009 |
I hadn't planned on going anywhere.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0670869902, Hardcover)

The author of Waiting to Exhale checks in again with a fresh, exuberant novel. Stella Payne is a Superwoman who has everything--except a man to rock her world, something she's convinced she can well do without. On a spur-of-the-moment Jamaican vacation she meets Winston, a man half her age, and finds, to her dismay, that her world is indeed well and truly rocked. Stella soon realizes that she's come to a cataclysmic juncture in her life, one that forces new and difficult questions about her passions and expectations.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:16 -0400)

A holiday in Jamaica turns into sizzling romance for 42-year-old Stella Payne, a black divorcee and financial security analyst, when she meets Winston Shakespeare, a local assistant cook. Stella invites him to San Francisco to show him off to friends and to her 11-year-old son, and Shakespeare is a hit. Only problem, Shakespeare is 20 years old.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,483,596 books! | Top bar: Always visible