I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder

I Heart You, You Haunt Me (edition 2008)

by Lisa Schroeder

Member:booksrock94
Title:I Heart You, You Haunt Me
Authors:Lisa Schroeder
Info:Simon Pulse (2008), Edition: Original, Paperback, 240 pages

I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder

English (46)  Spanish (1)  All (47)
Maybe 3.5 stars. Accessible & lovely; important & concise. Sure to be a big hit with teen girls. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
I'm giving this novel an extra star because I love the fact that it's written in poetry. I'm phrasing it that way rather than saying it's written in verse, because each chapter is a separate poem with a title and everything. Not only is this innovative and nicely done, but it makes the book a really fast read (which, at my age, I appreciate!).

The premise: A teen girl struggles with guilt after her boyfriend dies. Now she's wondering: did he ever really leave her? ( )
  Deborah_Markus | Aug 8, 2015 |
I Heart You, You Haunt Me was a light, easy, and enjoyable read. It was the first verse story I've ever read and I absolutely love that style. It's so interesting!

The story itself was good. It grabbed the reader right away, played on an interesting concept, and developed into a nice read. I wasn't that happy with the ending since I really did like Lyric a lot. I felt that it could have gone a little farther in the end, showed the main character with a new guy. However, I still enjoyed the story.

So, a short review for a short book. I enjoyed it and I'm sure many will continue to. I'd definitely recommend this for an easy summer read. ( )
  SpazzyDragon13 | Jul 7, 2015 |
15-year-old Ava is consumed with grief following the death of her love, Jackson. Jackson took a dare from Ava and plunged to his death in Heaven's Hideaway...an idyllic place with cascading waterfalls and deadly rocks. She is beyond inconsolable and won't let her friends or family help her. When ghostly Jackson starts showing up at her house, she is happy at first, but eventually realizes that it isn't a normal relationship. His 'presence' is stopping her from living life and is feeding fuel to the flame of guilt and blame. Everyone is worried for her, yet it is only Ava herself who can find the strength and courage to move on while never forgetting the intense love they shared.

I Heart You, You Haunt Me is one of the those melodramatic teen novels that tug at your heart, leave you a little teary, but make you realize what teen years are all about. A quick read, it is written in verse, so you can at least move onto something a little more cheerful in a hurry. ( )
  jackiewark | Dec 31, 2014 |
Okay, so I really went out on a limb buying a novel that is written in verse rather than prose. I was pleasantly surprised, however, that I loved it. The story is so sad but also touching. I think it has a unique yet accurate (aside from the ghost aspect) depiction of grief and loss. I was not really one for poetry before this novel, but for years I had it sitting on the shelf of my side table next to "Speak" by Laurie Halse Anderson. This book meant that much to me. I haven't yet read Schroeder's other books, but I certainly plan on it. ( )
  CaitlinAC | Aug 10, 2014 |
For Scott - I heart you
I've never been / to a funeral / until today.

"Ava can't see or touch him, unless she's dreaming. She can't hear his voice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here. Jackson. The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. He's back from the dead, as proof that love truly knows no bounds"--Cover, P. [4].… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,237,680 books! | Top bar: Always visible