Something More by Sarah Ban Breathnach

Something More (original 1998; edition 1998)

by Sarah Ban Breathnach

Member:DetailMuse
Title:Something More
Authors:Sarah Ban Breathnach
Info:Warner Books (1998), Hardcover, 352 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:Personal Growth, TBR, a?

Something More: Excavating Your Authentic Self by Sarah Ban Breathnach (1998)

I've dipped into this book many times over the years, but it has never made much difference to me. ( )
  wareagle78 | Jan 22, 2014 |
I decided I didn't need this book. Either I have no authentic self or I've had it so long it just seems natural to me. Also, on a recent trip I happened to catch a little of the author's story on Oprah's new network and I'm afraid I don't think I should be taking advice from someone who appeared to have a serious shoe shopping addiction. ( )
  auntieknickers | Apr 14, 2013 |
4 cassette tapes.
  celeste52300 | Oct 18, 2010 |
I loved her first book but this one just didn't connect with me like the first one. Perhaps because I was searching much more when I was thirty and not so much now.
  krobbie67 | Nov 4, 2008 |
Een boek moet een bijl zijn voor de bevroren zee in ons binnenste.

Franz Kafka
ik voel dat er in mij bedolven levens zijn die naar buiten willen en zich willen uiten.

Marge Piercy
Geboren worden is slechts slapen en vergeten:
de ziel die met ons opkomt, de levensster,
was elders reeds gezeten,
en komt van o zo ver:
niet in volkomen vergetelheid....

William Wordsworth
Wie gepassioneerd leeft, leert ons liefhebben.
Wie gepassioneerd liefheeft, leert ons leven.

Voor
Katie Brant
en
Larry Kirshbaum

Hartsvrienden
Human beings, as far as I can tell, seem to be divided into two subspecies--the resigned, who live in quiet desperation, and the exhausted who exist in restless agitation.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446524131, Hardcover)

From the author of Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy comes a guided excavation for women who suspect that there's something more to life than the top layer pursuits of money, sex, and love. In service to these restless souls who want to scratch beneath the surface, Ban Breathnach offers tidbit-sized essays that help women unearth pay dirt--their reason for being. Using archaeology as her frame of reference, Ban Breathnach suggests imaginative exercises at the end of each chapter, which she refers to as "Field Work." Although it occasionally feels overdone, the archaeology metaphor works well--helping readers unearth their past choices and circumstances to better understand the soul's current mission. Early in the book, Ban Breathnach offers this enticing invitation to go on a spiritual dig: "Besides the fact that your soul is one of the last unlooted sources of the miraculous, with discoveries as spectacular as any found in the Delta of Venus or Egypt's Valley of the Kings, you can embark on a soul trip and be back before anyone even notices you're missing. They might be curious about that gleam in your eye and that flush on your cheek, but I'll never tell if you won't. Are you game? We're heading to the sacred site of your soul." --Gail Hudson

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:00:48 -0400)

Explains how people can uncover their authentic self by studying their past and uncovering their roots and discusses how people can come to terms with their past choices so they can benefit from them in their future.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,040,617 books! | Top bar: Always visible