The Whole Truth by David Baldacci

The Whole Truth

by David Baldacci

Series: Shaw (1)

Recently added byRena37, sunlovinmary, leshardin, WhitmelB, HollandseClub, Mr.Spittle, hugstrees, private library, aczkh

English (54)  Dutch (3)  German (1)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  All (60)
An excellent book to listen to on the treadmill and walks. This may be my favorite Baldacci yet. ( )
  ajlewis2 | Feb 24, 2016 |
I love David Baldacci books but, this one just left me wanting more and less at the same time. A book about power, love, greed and a desire to feel whole again. Shaw returns to stare down an enemy that seems so unrealistic yet could be so real in our modern, "believe anything on the internet" times. ( )
  sunnydrk | Feb 21, 2016 |
I enjoyed this book, though there were parts where I was urging either the characters or the author to "get on with it". In at least one case, this was justified, since the character's hesitations led to her death.
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
A huge defense contractor hopes to stimulate his business ventures with a few fake news stories. Enter our heroes Shaw (whose fiancée was murdered in a resulting bomb blast) and Creel (a disgraced reporter) to get to the bottom of the problem. Typical fast paced Baldacci. Enjoyable read. ( )
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
I read Shaw #2 prior to #1 and both were good; however, liked #2 better. David does a great job and I especially like his audio books. Look forward to reading more! ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
To Zoe and Luke
"Dick, I need a war."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446195979, Hardcover)

"Dick, I need a war."
Nicolas Creel is a man on a mission. He heads up the world's largest defense contractor, The Ares Corporation. Dick Pender is the man Creel retains to "perception manage" his company to even more riches by manipulating international conflicts. But Creel may have an even grander plan in mind.
Shaw, a man with no first name and a truly unique past, has a different agenda. Reluctantly doing the bidding of a secret multi-national intelligence agency, he travels the globe to keep it safe and at peace.
Willing to do anything to get back to the top of her profession, Katie James is a journalist who has just gotten the break of a lifetime: the chance to interview the sole survivor of a massacre that has left every nation stunned.
In this terrifying, global thriller, these characters' lives will collide head-on as a series of events is set in motion that could change the world as we know it. An utterly spellbinding story that feels all too real, THE WHOLE TRUTH delivers all the twists and turns, emotional drama, unforgettable characters, and can't-put-it-down pacing that readers expect from David Baldacci-and still goes beyond anything he's written before.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:34 -0400)

While the head of the world's largest defense contractor conspires to gain even more riches by instigating a war, an intelligence agent reluctantly travels to keep the world safe, and a journalist receives a mysterious offer to interview the sole survivor of a recent massacre.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,754,034 books! | Top bar: Always visible