Chill Factor by Sandra Brown

Chill Factor

by Sandra Brown (Author)

Clearly, North Carolina

Clearly is the type of town that the biggest criminal activity is parking violations. Now though there have been four women that have disappeared without a trace over the past two years. The only clue is a blue ribbon left at each of the abduction sites. There are no suspects for who is abducting the woman. Now another woman has disappeared without a trace.

Lilly Martin has returned to the sleepy mountain town of Clearly to close on the sale of her mountain cabin that is marking the end of her marriage to Dutch Burton the town of Clearly’s chief of police. Dutch is having a problem letting her go which is proving to be an obstacle for Lilly. Trying to out run the storm that is bearing down on Clearly Lilly ends up skidding her car on the icy road and strikes a man that has emerged out of the woods on foot. Lilly quickly recognizes Ben Tierney as the injured man and who she met the previous summer. Now with the storm on top of them they are forced to wait it out at the cabin. As the length of their confinement mounts Lilly begins to wonder if the storm is the biggest threat she faces. The biggest danger just might be the man that is beside her.

Now Lilly has to figure out if Ben Tierney is the feared abductor or is who he claims to be is the truth. The man that has rescued her from harm and from the tragedy that haunts her.

This is a story that keeps the twists and turns coming throughout the whole book. The suspense keeps building until the very end. This is one book that pulls the reader in and doesn’t let go until the very end when everything is completely revealed. Just as the reader thinks they have it figured out another twist comes to make them doubt everything they think they know about this one. The action and suspense keep the story moving along at a fast pace but the reader is never lost and will stay in a story that comes to life with every word that is read. This definitely one book that readers should take the time to read. ( )
  lrhubble | Jul 27, 2014 |
I got the book for free from Goodreads First Readers program/book giveaway. Having not chosen the book, I was apprehensive in reading it. I have read several Sandra Brown books and liked them because they are easy reads but unforgettable. I had some expectations about this book but Ms. Brown have exceeded my expectations. The book was exciting and got you guessing. I like how the different stories of the characters meshed together. I like how Ms. Brown kept you on your toes. I remember guessing who might be the real killer. Every chapter I have to change my answer since every guy in the book is potentially one. However, I wished that Ms. Brown added more "romantic" moments for Lilly and Ben since there were more suspense in it than romance. I guess a girl like more cheesy moments. :)
Overall, I would recommend it to anyone who likes suspense and romance. :) ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Mar 3, 2014 |
A well-written thriller centering around a serial killer, the police chief's recently divorced wife, and a blizzard. Well-written characters. I enjoyed the story - some parts I guessed quickly but others eluded me until the end. ( )
  wareagle78 | Jan 26, 2014 |
I enjoy suspense/thriller novels and this one did not disappoint. It had captivating characters, and enough plot twists to keep me guessing. A good read if you like this genre. ( )
  LorettaR | Aug 22, 2013 |
Typical contemporary suspense Brown. The characters make or break her books. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |

Lang, StephenReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nemunienė, Gražinasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pekkanen, Hilkkasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sørensen, Henrik EnemarkTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The grave was substandard.

Five women are missing from the sleepy mountain town of Cleary, North Carolina, and a blue ribbon has been left near where each woman was last seen. Lilly Martin has returned to Cleary to close the sale of her cabin. But when her car skids and strikes a stranger, Ben Tierney, as he emerges from the woods, they've no choice but to wait out a brutal blizzard in the cabin. And as the hours of their confinement mount, Lilly wonders if the greater threat to her safety isn't the storm, but the stranger beside her....

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:50 -0400)

Magazine editor Lilly Martin, packing up the vacation cabin she and her ex-husband owned in Cleary, North Carolina, where he now works as chief of police, becomes trapped in a snowstorm with Ben Tierney, who she struck with her car while trying to drive down the mountain, and the situation becomes critical when she uncovers evidence that Tierney may be the serial killer who has been operating in the area for over two years.… (more)

Sandra Brown is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Six editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,648,232 books! | Top bar: Always visible