Chill Factor by Sandra Brown

Chill Factor

by Sandra Brown

1,186None6,751 (3.77)27
2005 (6) 2008 (4) 2013 (4) audio (5) audiobook (12) blizzard (5) Brown (4) chick lit (4) contemporary (5) crime (4) ebook (3) fiction (65) hardcover (6) HC (5) murder (4) mystery (49) North Carolina (15) novel (5) own (7) paperback (4) read (13) romance (42) romantic suspense (28) sandra brown (8) serial killer (19) serial murder (5) suspense (36) thriller (43) to-read (24) unread (7)

I got the book for free from Goodreads First Readers program/book giveaway. Having not chosen the book, I was apprehensive in reading it. I have read several Sandra Brown books and liked them because they are easy reads but unforgettable. I had some expectations about this book but Ms. Brown have exceeded my expectations. The book was exciting and got you guessing. I like how the different stories of the characters meshed together. I like how Ms. Brown kept you on your toes. I remember guessing who might be the real killer. Every chapter I have to change my answer since every guy in the book is potentially one. However, I wished that Ms. Brown added more "romantic" moments for Lilly and Ben since there were more suspense in it than romance. I guess a girl like more cheesy moments. :)
Overall, I would recommend it to anyone who likes suspense and romance. :) ( )
  krizia_lazaro | Mar 3, 2014 |
A well-written thriller centering around a serial killer, the police chief's recently divorced wife, and a blizzard. Well-written characters. I enjoyed the story - some parts I guessed quickly but others eluded me until the end. ( )
  wareagle78 | Jan 26, 2014 |
I enjoy suspense/thriller novels and this one did not disappoint. It had captivating characters, and enough plot twists to keep me guessing. A good read if you like this genre. ( )
  LorettaR | Aug 22, 2013 |
Typical contemporary suspense Brown. The characters make or break her books. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |
Chill Factor by Sandra Brown
NC 4 women have disappeared left with a blue ribbon last where they were seen.
Lily Martin is back to close her house for good. Trying to outrun the snow she runs into
Ben Tiery and they hold out at the cabin while the blizzard goes on...
Sexual scenes really keep you glued to this book and you will never think the ending is what the book is leading up to...
The police think Ben is the serial killer...Book follows others families and you discover the link they have to the whole situation, cool!
Love the time they spend together and get to really talk. ( )
  jbarr5 | Mar 22, 2013 |

Brown, Sandraprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lang, StephenReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The grave was substandard.

CHAPTER ONE

The highway was barely recognizable. Countless times, Sayre Lynch had driven this stretch of road between New Orleans International Airport and Destiny. But traveling it today was like doing so for the first time.

In the name of progress, landmarks that had made the area distinct had been obscured or obliterated. Rural Louisiana's charm had been sacrificed to gaudy commercialism. Little that was quaint or picturesque had survived the onslaught. She could have been in Anywhere, USA.

Fast food franchises now occupied the spots where once had been mom and pop cafes. Homemade meat pies and muffaletta sandwiches had been replaced with buckets of wings and Value Meals. Hand-painted signs had given way to neon. Menus scribbled daily on chalkboards had been supplanted by disembodied voices at drive-through windows.

During the ten years she had been away, trees draped with Spanish moss had been bulldozed to allow for additional highway construction. This expansion had diminished the vastness and mystery of the swamps that flanked the road. The dense marshes were now ribboned with entrance and exit ramps jammed with semis and minivans.

Until now Sayre hadn't realized the depth of her homesickness. But these substantial changes in the landscape made her nostalgic for the way things had been. She longed for the mingled aromas of cayenne and file'. She would like to hear again the patois of the people who served up Cajun dishes that took more than three minutes to prepare.

Five women are missing from the sleepy mountain town of Cleary, North Carolina, and a blue ribbon has been left near where each woman was last seen. Lilly Martin has returned to Cleary to close the sale of her cabin. But when her car skids and strikes a stranger, Ben Tierney, as he emerges from the woods, they've no choice but to wait out a brutal blizzard in the cabin. And as the hours of their confinement mount, Lilly wonders if the greater threat to her safety isn't the storm, but the stranger beside her....

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:37:50 -0400)

Magazine editor Lilly Martin, packing up the vacation cabin she and her ex-husband owned in Cleary, North Carolina, where he now works as chief of police, becomes trapped in a snowstorm with Ben Tierney, who she struck with her car while trying to drive down the mountain, and the situation becomes critical when she uncovers evidence that Tierney may be the serial killer who has been operating in the area for over two years.… (more)

Sandra Brown is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Six editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,503,769 books! | Top bar: Always visible