Chill Factor by Sandra Brown

Chill Factor

by Sandra Brown

Recently added byrena75, WJMNaples, CurlUpAndRead, Michelle_Boyea, LoisMMurray, private library

This one had be guessing until the very end. I loved the storyline; however, I gave it 3 stars because of the sex scenes. They were so not needed in this story. This was the first Sandra Brown book that I have ever read and will probably be the last if all of her books are smut. I did like the thriller aspect, though. ( )
  travelgal | May 6, 2019 |
Oh, this one kept me guessing!
The small mountain town of Cleary, NC has recently had an alarming number of its local women go missing. Disgraced investigator Dutch Burton has accepted the job of sheriff of his hometown and is on the case. Unfortunately, his recently-ex-wife Lilly might be stranded in a snowed-in cabin with the #1 suspect.
This suspenseful tale features excellent characterization of main characters and secondary characters alike. In fact, the fastidious hard-ass FBI agent was probably my favorite of the bunch. Multiple viable suspects keep the reader guessing, hoping it's not the guy Lilly's with, but how could it not be? What other explanation could there be for all that evidence? A decent addition to any romantic suspense reader's TBR pile. ( )
  EmScape | May 1, 2019 |
girls disappearing in Cleary, N. Carolina. good mystery — everyone mixed up hard to tell killer —

Cleary, North Carolina, is a sleepy mountain town—the kind of place where criminal activity is usually limited to parking violations. Not so, lately. Four women have disappeared from Cleary over the past two years. And there’s always a blue ribbon left near the spot where each of the women was last seen. There are no bodies, no other clues, and no suspicion as to who their abductor might be. And now, another woman has disappeared without a trace.
  christinejoseph | Dec 20, 2016 |
What can I say more than this ... ANOTHER Sandra Brown book that kept me so intrigued. And again, no idea who the killer was. In fact, I thought there were a few that could be but whenever I got through another chunk of the book, I changed my mind. I'm always so sure I'm on to her and I know what's going to happen and then another twist.

Wow, I love these books for the gym especially. I get fully engrossed and don't know the time is passing. Well, it's not unbearable. And there have been a few of her books this year that I found myself trying to hide my tears (I *know*).

I got attached to both the main characters. And I was so happy to find out her lover was not the killer. He SO could have been. Wasn't it clever how she got away with this? I think...I can't figure out any other way that would have been possible for him to be innocent.

I do get tired of the repetition in the book, in these books in general. But I've discovered it's a norm for this genre - the romantic suspense and also for erotic fiction. How many times can she say No and in her head say Yes but over and over and over.

I was sad that the kid got hurt (or actually jumped apparently) but he lived. I cannot believe her ex made it alive through that ridiculous over-the-top accident when the power station fell on him. And I wasn't sorry to see him go toward the end of the book. It irritated me that he kept having the dude drive up that mountain in the worst storm "ever". I mean it got a bit labored and tiring.

But altogether, the story was gripping and the plot twisty and the characters interesting. ( )
  vickiayala | Sep 22, 2016 |
A serial killer is on the loose in the North Carolina mountain town of Cleary. A fifth victim is suspected. Lilly Martin is packing up the final things from her just sold mountain cabin. A snow storm hits and Lilly finds herself trapped in the cabin with a man who might be the killer. Her "ex" is the local law enforcement officer in charge of the case. With the involvement of the local law enforcement officials, the FBI, and the local "posse" this one has plenty of action. It also has a couple of subplots that tie into the case. I likely would have abandoned this book if I'd been reading it. It's a bit too contemporary and too amoral for my tastes. I listened to the audio version by Harper. The narrator did a good job, but I just didn't really care for the book. ( )
  thornton37814 | May 9, 2016 |

Lang, StephenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nemunienė, Gražinasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pekkanen, HilkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sørensen, Henrik EnemarkTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The grave was substandard.

Five women are missing from the sleepy mountain town of Cleary, North Carolina, and a blue ribbon has been left near where each woman was last seen. Lilly Martin has returned to Cleary to close the sale of her cabin. But when her car skids and strikes a stranger, Ben Tierney, as he emerges from the woods, they've no choice but to wait out a brutal blizzard in the cabin. And as the hours of their confinement mount, Lilly wonders if the greater threat to her safety isn't the storm, but the stranger beside her....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:01 -0400)

When a serial killer who leaves a blue ribbon at the site of his victims' last sightings appears in the peaceful town of Cleary, North Carolina, police chief Dutch Burton finds the case complicated by his ex-wife's disappearance during a blizzard.

Sandra Brown is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,565,905 books! | Top bar: Always visible