Noah (Nightwalkers, Book 5) by Jacquelyn…

Noah (Nightwalkers, Book 5) (edition 2008)

by Jacquelyn Frank

Member:nicola1178
Title:Noah (Nightwalkers, Book 5)
Authors:Jacquelyn Frank
Info:Zebra (2008), Paperback, 512 pages
Tags:Paranormal Romance

Noah by Jacquelyn Frank

English (13)  German (2)  All languages (15)
Noah was an enjoyable read. Not so sure about the white hair and eye lashes and the ice blue eyes and not be albino with Kestra. Nice that she had a strong power. It didn't seem to wrap up the series though. I know she says she is continuing them in the Shadowdwellers series, but it just didn't feel like it wrapped up things at all. Glad I didn't realize it was the end of the series when I started the book! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
The female protagonist was butch and I didn't care for her ( )
  aliterarylion | Jul 14, 2014 |
TBR
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |
You know, I've read all the books in this series. It would've gotten a 4 (or 5) had I not been expecting something else. In this series, my expectation was that the villian in the previous books would have been dealt with. I was expecting this humongous showdown between the protagonist and the villian. I was expecting Noah to remain truly alpha. I think my biggest disappointment was with Syreena, although not a major player in this book, she nonetheless aggravated me the most. I still love this series, the characters and this book, but my expectation got in the way.

If reviewing objectively, this was an exciting book. The characters are well written and the world built by this author is fun to read about. Isabella the first female character introduced in this series is AWESOME and I love her most. I still recommend this series to others; but again those expectations dampened by excitment some. ( )
  mearias | Sep 23, 2013 |

This review can also be found on my blog.

Sweet Demons!

For the past six months, Noah has been having dreams of a mysterious female. He doesn't know her name, but he craves the pleasures he finds in her presence. As Samhain once again approaches, Noah's dreams force him into action to seek his destined mate. He enlists the help of the Druid, Corinne, to help him make contact and find her. He's forced to make some selfish choices that have the potential to alienate his closest friends and family to save Kestra. She's everything he could have ever hoped for in a mate, however Kestra is less than forthcoming to his attentions, no matter how sincere or noble. Can he win her heart and make her his?

Kestra, a former Marine turned mercenary is highly skilled in combat, a dare devil and thrill seeker. She keeps men at a distance and desires any type of romantic entanglement even less. Her last job goes bad when her client tries to have her killed. At the last minute she is saved by her dream come to life. Noah makes her feel all kinds of things. Too much in fact that she runs. Now that she has been touched, her transformation has begun. Will she let him close enough to help her or will she succumb to her fears?

This had to have been the darkest story in this series (then again there is one book left, so who knows). Kestra's history is horrific, and it explains so much about the type of person she has become, and it also explains the way she feels about men in general. I can see why Noah would be attracted to her, destined mate aside. She's a kick-ass heroine with skills that would make any King, but especially this King very proud. She's a brilliant strategist, she's intelligent, and she likes to play with things that go boom.

I wanted to yell and scream at her for leaving her walls up almost to the very last page of this book, but in the end even I have to push my lecherous feelings for Noah aside and admit that that was just how they were going to get through this new phase in their lives together.

Noah was the big surprise. Throughout all four books, he's been incredibly stoic and rather composed. I had no idea that he was could be so ...... so hot!

"I swear to you I can never do anything to hurt you. I need you to understand that. It is impossible. Hyperactive lovemaking aside, I will never willingly harm you. Do you believe that?"

Yes, he said hyperactive lovemaking. He can and he does outdo Jacob, Elijah, Gideon and Damien. Now that's saying something.

It was no surprise that all kinds of problems culminated all at once. Along with dealing with Kestra's hesitancy to let him in (her heart), he also has to deal with enemies getting more brazen and vicious, and he has to deal with his own fears and pain that come with loving someone so fiercely. It would be easy to say that I wanted to smack both our H/H on many occasions, but their struggle to acknowledge their flaws, as well as each others did feel realistic to me. I try not to fall into the trap of condemning the characters when I know the inevitable ending. My point is, I know it, but they don't, and the pleasure of reading this is seeing how they get there.

Another thing I love about Ms Frank's writing is the humor she infuses into these serious characters. They may not be human, but it's nice to see that they have traits that make them very likeable and lovable.

The ball struck the wall dead center.

And bounced off it in an arcing return toward them. Instantly they were both in motion, springing away fro the unknown threat. Kes rolled over the bed and dropped off the far side, and Noah landed like a cat behind her. They both leaned around to see what the ominous little green ball would do next.

I was not disappointed with this book. On to the last one :( ( )
1 vote MsRomanticReads | Apr 12, 2013 |

Jacquelyn Frankprimary authorall editionscalculated
Pirulli, MarinaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

She will take him beyond his wildest dreams. As Demon King, Noah is dedicated to protecting his kind from their human and Nightwalker enemies. Yet for six months he has struggled with vivid dreams that threaten his very sanity. Every night he's tormented by images of a woman both achingly real and tantalizingly beyond his grasp. And his bone-deep need leaves him no choice but to force her to leave the life she's known and enter a world beyond her imagining...

Every day, Kestra risks her life in perilous missions that veer just shy of the law, but she instinctively knows that the imposingly sensual figure before her is a danger unlike any she's ever faced. Kestra has sworn never to trust or need another man, but Noah's lightest touch scorches her with fevered desire, branding her as his mate, blinding them both to the terrifying truth. For within the ranks of their own people lies an adversary growing in number and power. And nothing and no one will be safe again...

As Demon King, Noah is dedicated to protecting his kind from their human and Nightwalker enemies. Yet for six months he has struggled with vivid dreams that threaten his very sanity. Every night he's tormented by images of a woman both achingly real and tantalizingly beyond his grasp. And his bone-deep need leaves him no choice but to force her to leave the life she's known and enter a world beyond her imagining.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,421,715 books! | Top bar: Always visible