Anansi and the Box of Stories: A West…

Anansi and the Box of Stories: A West African Folktale (On My Own… (edition 2008)

by Stephen Krensky, Jeni Reeves (Illustrator)

Member:mdgilmor
Title:Anansi and the Box of Stories: A West African Folktale (On My Own Folklore)
Authors:Stephen Krensky
Other authors:Jeni Reeves (Illustrator)
Info:Millbrook Press (2008), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 48 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:folklore, 1-5, anansi

Anansi and the Box of Stories: A West African Folktale by Stephen Krensky

Long ago in Africa, the sky god Nyame keeps all of the stories to himself, but when Anansi the spider asks their price, Nyame agrees to trade his stories if Anansi can perform four seemingly impossible tasks.
  cameroneshaw | Jul 15, 2015 |
Anansi goes out on an adventure to capture four challenging animals by request of Nyame, the sky god, in exchange for admission into the box of stories. In order to find these animals and catch them, he goes to great lengths, and has many tricks up his sleeve. This story's illustrations are so vibrant and detailed, really adding to the story-telling. I think children would be very intrigued by the illustrations, and it would help a really young audience to follow along with what is happening in the story.
  ErinnnPratt | Jun 8, 2014 |
Anansi sets out to capture the 4 fierce animals Nyame the Sky God has named his price for Nyame's great box of incredible stories. Anansi must use all his cunning and trickery to subdue them.
  stacy3176 | Mar 16, 2014 |
Anansi, the first spider, wishes to know the stories of the world. The stories are being held captive by the sky God, Nyame. Anansi goes to Nyami to request the stories. Nyame gives him four extremely difficult tasks, and says that if he completes them, he will release the stories to Anansi. Anansi plays clever tricks on all four of the animals, brings them to the sky God, and retrieves the stories. He shares them with everyone.
  sbasler | Mar 14, 2014 |
I love Anansi stories. I was in a classroom where we read like 5 of them and compared each one and chose our favorites.I like this one because of the African style artwork and the the hero aspect that Anansi has to take on. Some of the Anansi stories involve trickery, I also like that. ( )
  Brettch | Dec 8, 2013 |

The sky god Nyame keeps all the world's stories locked in a box. But if Anansi can trick some of the earth's fiercest and quickest creatures, Nyame will share his stories. Will Anansi succeed?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:32 -0400)

A retelling of the Anansi story and how he fulfilled a quest to acquire the sky god's box of stories .

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,421,630 books! | Top bar: Always visible