The Pillars of the World by Anne Bishop

The Pillars of the World (edition 2001)

by Anne Bishop

1,1191710,641 (3.73)33
Member:Yfandes
Title:The Pillars of the World
Authors:Anne Bishop
Info:Roc (2001), Paperback

The Pillars of the World by Anne Bishop

Recently added byprivate library, tlwright, TheSheWolf, Barbsn, QueenWinky, WestCoastFans, nannahs

4.5 stars ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
I first came across Anne Bishop after reading a reader review of the Black Jewels Trilogy – and now I’m hooked.
In this series, a travelling bard may well turn out to be the Fae Lord of the Song, or the bird you innocently greet may in fact be the Lord of the Hawks. Yet the majority of the Fae in this book are not mischievous or benign, instead they are selfish, careless of the hurts they cause or maliciously spiteful in their quest for power or prestige.
Bishop expertly intertwines the worlds of the Fae, the humans, and the witches who bind the two. Her characters are always richly crafted, making you care deeply for them and the outcome of their struggles. ( )
  Jawin | Nov 25, 2017 |
Admittedly, I barely got through the first few chapters of The Pillars of the World, but it was awful. Oh noes! Those evil mens are burning the kind, peaceful, beautiful witches! ( )
  wealhtheowwylfing | Feb 29, 2016 |
I started this series because I can't get my hands on Queen of the Darkness, and now I'm hooked on this series too and I can't find Shadows and Light; totally unfair. ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
Fantastic read. Compelling like other books from Bishop. I want to read the other two books RIGHT NOW...but I am pacing myself so I can enjoy the characters and the world building. There are similar elements to the Black Jewels series - strong women, stubborn men, intelligent (opinionated) horses. ( )
  lesmel | Jan 1, 2014 |

Anne Bishopprimary authorall editionscalculated
Youll, Paulsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Pat York and Lynn Flewelling and in memory of Alan Mietlowski
Another road was closing.

National bestselling author Anne Bishop's novels have been praised as "genuine gems" (SF Site) and "lavishly sensual" (Library Journal). Now, she unveils an exciting new universe in her most powerful, provocative story to date...

The young witch Ari finds herself torn between the world of mortals and the world of the Fae-for the roads between the two lands are vanishing into thin air...

"A storyteller of stunning intensity." (Romantic Times)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:44 -0400)

The youngest in a long line of witches, Ari senses that things are changing--changing for the worse. For generations, her kin have tended the Old Places, keeping the land safe and fertile. But with the Summer Moon, the mood of her neighbors has soured. And Ari is no longer safe. The Fae have long ignored what occurs in the mortal world, passing through on their shadowy roads only long enough to amuse themselves. But the roads are slowly disappearing, leaving the Fae Clans isolated and alone. Where harmony between the spiritual and the natural has always reigned, a dissonant chord now rings in the ears of both Fae and mortal. And when murmurs of a witch-hunt hum through the town, some begin to wonder if the different omens are notes in the same tune. And all they have to guide them is a passing reference to something called the Pillars of the World.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,814,495 books! | Top bar: Always visible