Twice Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris

Twice Upon a Marigold

by Jean Ferris

Series: Marigold (2)

Recently added bylrquinn, BrianaMc., Rosa.Mill
    Once Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris (clwood)
    clwood: Much more intresting then the second one~

Okay I definitely loved this book. Olympia loses her memory and spends a year living in Granolah as Angie, a sweet loving person. She suddenly regains her memory and goes back to her kingdom to cause more trouble. As soon as she arrives she begins to cause trouble again, as if the force of her personality causes people to let her have her way. However this time, Swithbert, Chris and Olympia decide they aren't going to take it (especially since she has Swithbert, Magnus and Ed in prisoned for treason, she plans on hanging them). They spearhead a revolution. In this book we also meet Lazy Susan, Sleeping Beauty's sister, Wendell the magician, Mr. Lacost, and we find out Rollo is not as horrible as he seems.
There are lots of lessons in this book about hard work, standing up for what you believe in and that in relationships nothing is perfect, but they don't come across as being shoved down your throat. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
part comedy, part tragedy, part two. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
Marigold and Christian are living out their happily ever after, but they aren't perfectly happy. Little spats and hurt feelings have started creeping in. Could Olympia's evil be influencing their lives? And what about the rumors of a woman who washed up in a village downstream not too long after their wedding? It can't be Olympia. Can it?

This was still cute, it just wasn't quite as cute as the first book. My biggest problem was just letting go and enjoying the story. As an adult, I had a problem with the way Olympia just came home and took charge. Not one person anywhere stood up to her. Really? I just couldn't let go of how soldiers who didn't like Olympia still raced to do her bidding.

Otherwise, I did like that "happily ever after" doesn't mean "perfectly happy ever after." Arguments creep into the best of relationships and you have to remember to appreciate each other. It's a good lesson for starry-eyed little girls.

Ed's mixed-up idioms were still entertaining, and I liked the addition of Sleeping Beauty's cousin, Lazy Susan. She has her own little message to teach. King Swithbert was an example of the consequences of idly standing by and not making a stand. Stan Lucasa on the other hand? I liked him, but his ending came out of nowhere!

Still recommended for fairy tale fans, but adults might not enjoy it as much as the younger set. ( )
  JG_IntrovertedReader | Apr 3, 2013 |
For K. A. K., Gillian's prince charming
The trouble began with the dogs: big, shabby Bub and little, dramatic Cate; and the floor mops: Flopsy, Mopsy, and Topsy.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 015206382X, Hardcover)

Since Queen Olympia's fateful fall into the river, newlyweds Christian and Marigold have been living happily ever after. And they had every intention of keeping it that way--until they find out that Olympia may not be as gone as they thought.

Turns out Olympia is alive and well in a faraway village, having lost her memory after her ill-timed tumble. But one day she awakes and remembers her previous glory as queen. Accompanied by Lazy Susan (Sleeping Beauty's slacker sister) and Stan Lucasa (a gentleman with a surprising destiny), Olympia returns, determined to take back the kingdom. Yet, thanks to a cast of familiar characters, grabbing the throne may not be as easy as Olympia thinks!

Full of zany humor, this highly anticipated sequel to Once Upon a Marigold will be welcomed by fans everywhere.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:38 -0400)

After a quiet, happy year in a small town, Queen Olympia regains her memory and initiates new plots and manipulations, as the residents of Zandelphia and Beaurivage, now ruled by Christian, Marigold, and Swithbert, feel the effects of her bad energy.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,193,996 books! | Top bar: Always visible