Wanted by Mark Millar

Wanted (2005)

by Mark Millar, J.G. Jones (Illustrator), Paul Mounts (Colorist)

English (27)  German (1)  All (28)
An interesting take on the "what would happen if supervillains finally wised up and worked together" question. However, the art's only okay (doesn't help that the hero's clearly photoreferenced from Eminem) and like a lot of Millar's work, there's a weird undercurrent of racism & homophobia underneath. It's a bit more restrained than in some of his other work (see: Kickass), but it's still there. My recommendation? Check it out from the library, like I did. ( )
  Jon_Hansen | Apr 9, 2017 |
I'm rating this a 5 not because I think its a five (more of a 3 or 4, I don't remember) but because so many people are giving this a low rating for stupid reasons. I liked this book but that doesn't mean I think that the characters are good people, or that the villains were good people (the fact that I even have to say that... lol). I love to hate these characters, I love to hate the main character. This is a window into a twisted story world, it isn't a declaration of what is cool and desirable! Get your heads out of your feminist, sjw and PC asses. ( )
  RobVel | Jan 20, 2017 |
The book ends with an address to the reader reminding him/her that reading the book was a completely pointless waste of time. I agree with the author.

Also, it has the line "Now a major motion picture" on the cover, but the movie of the same title has zero connection to this graphic novel. It's just a tie-in for the sake of sales, as far as I can tell. The movie is much better, though still not great. ( )
  valzi | Sep 7, 2016 |
I think this is one of the very rare times where I liked the movie much more than I liked the book! And because I saw the movie first, I was very disappointed with this story. It is much too "sci-fi" with supervillains and alternate Earths and realities for my taste. In this, the supervillains have eliminated the superheroes, but they still have to worry about heroes from other dimensions or timelines, and, well... bleh. The only piece I really liked was the description of the character "Shit-Head" - "he" is, "The collected feces of the 666 most evil beings ever to walk the earth..." and "There's a little Hitler in there, a touch of Ed Gein, half a pound of Jeffrey Dahmer." Other than that, meh. ( )
  Stahl-Ricco | Jul 10, 2016 |
It's a lovingly applied taser-shock to the privates of Spandex-literature.

Bold, wicked, and extremely thought-provoking (especially the ending), Wanted continues the fine tradition begun in Alan Moore's [b:Watchmen|472331|Watchmen|Alan Moore|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1175041710s/472331.jpg|4358649] and Frank Miller's Batman and Daredevil... ( )
  VladVerano | Oct 20, 2015 |

Mark Millarprimary authorall editionscalculated
Jones, J.G.Illustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Mounts, PaulColoristmain authorall editionsconfirmed
This is my best friend having sex with my girlfriend over an IKEA table I picked up for a really good price.

Wesley Gibson discovers he is the son of "The Killer" and is brought into a fraternity of supervillains as he develops his skills and tries to learn more about his father's murder.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,519,537 books! | Top bar: Always visible