Wanted by Mark Millar

Wanted (original 2005; edition 2007)

by Mark Millar, J.G. Jones

Member:othersam
Title:Wanted
Authors:Mark Millar
Other authors:J.G. Jones
Info:Top Cow Productions/Image Comics (2007), Paperback, 192 pages

Wanted by Mark Millar (2005)

English (28)  German (1)  All languages (29)
My opinion of Millar's writing has not improved. ( )
  andrlik | Apr 24, 2018 |
An interesting take on the "what would happen if supervillains finally wised up and worked together" question. However, the art's only okay (doesn't help that the hero's clearly photoreferenced from Eminem) and like a lot of Millar's work, there's a weird undercurrent of racism & homophobia underneath. It's a bit more restrained than in some of his other work (see: Kickass), but it's still there. My recommendation? Check it out from the library, like I did. ( )
  Jon_Hansen | Apr 9, 2017 |
I'm rating this a 5 not because I think its a five (more of a 3 or 4, I don't remember) but because so many people are giving this a low rating for stupid reasons. I liked this book but that doesn't mean I think that the characters are good people, or that the villains were good people (the fact that I even have to say that... lol). I love to hate these characters, I love to hate the main character. This is a window into a twisted story world, it isn't a declaration of what is cool and desirable! Get your heads out of your feminist, sjw and PC asses. ( )
  RobVel | Jan 20, 2017 |
The book ends with an address to the reader reminding him/her that reading the book was a completely pointless waste of time. I agree with the author.

Also, it has the line "Now a major motion picture" on the cover, but the movie of the same title has zero connection to this graphic novel. It's just a tie-in for the sake of sales, as far as I can tell. The movie is much better, though still not great. ( )
1 vote valzi | Sep 7, 2016 |
I think this is one of the very rare times where I liked the movie much more than I liked the book! And because I saw the movie first, I was very disappointed with this story. It is much too "sci-fi" with supervillains and alternate Earths and realities for my taste. In this, the supervillains have eliminated the superheroes, but they still have to worry about heroes from other dimensions or timelines, and, well... bleh. The only piece I really liked was the description of the character "Shit-Head" - "he" is, "The collected feces of the 666 most evil beings ever to walk the earth..." and "There's a little Hitler in there, a touch of Ed Gein, half a pound of Jeffrey Dahmer." Other than that, meh. ( )
  Stahl-Ricco | Jul 10, 2016 |

Mark Millarprimary authorall editionscalculated
Jones, J.G.Illustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Mounts, PaulColoristmain authorall editionsconfirmed
This is my best friend having sex with my girlfriend over an IKEA table I picked up for a really good price.

The smash limited series by Mark Millar (Civil War, The Ultimates), JG Jones (Final Crisis, 52), and Paul Mounts (The Ultimates) is now available in a deluxe "Director's Cut" hardcover edition!
Everyman Wesley Gibson just discovered that his father has been killed and that he is next in line to take his place in a secret fraternity of super villains. And Wesley's life will never be the same!
This edition features the complete limited series, plus the Wanted Dossier, excerpts of Millar's script, interviews, and behind-the-scenes developmental art.

YA. Graphic Novel. What if everything in your life was out of your hands and those around you propelled your fate? Your girlfriend left you for your best friend; your boss gave your job to someone better. What if then, after all this, someone gave you back total control? What if he revealed you were the next in line to join a secret society of super-villians that controlled the entire planet? Mark Millar and J.G. Jones provide a look at one man who goes from being the world's biggest loser to the deadliest assassin alive.14 yrs+… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,855,363 books! | Top bar: Always visible