How They Met, and Other Stories by David…

How They Met, and Other Stories

by David Levithan

2931938,321 (3.83)7

I love most of Levithan’s books. This is one of those books. This is a collection of short stories he wrote for his friends for many many valentine days. I didn’t like all the stories in this collection but I loved many. It really does show that love comes in all kinds of forms. I’m not just talking about love being between men and men as well as men and women and women and women. It’s even more than that. There’s the passionate raw kind of love, there’s the easy laid back love, love that’s lasted years and years, love that last for hours, love that hurts, love that isn’t directed at a person but an idea, love that is hard, love that is sweet, etc. There’s a lot here and all of it true. I highly recommend the book to every and anyone if they are willing to give it a try. ( )
  Kassilem | Aug 30, 2014 |
"When I am with you, there is nowhere else I'd rather be. And I am a person who always wants to be somewhere else."

It's written by David Levithan and that already says a lot about this book. Love it! ( )
  PamZaragoza | Jun 27, 2014 |
This collection of stories was such a let down for me. I have read David Levithan's other works (The Lover's Dictionary, Everyday, Dash and Lily's Book of Dares) and this just didn't live up to the expectations I have for him. I understand that a large number of these stories were written when he was still a young writer, and perhaps that is why. I thought it was intriguing that he wrote of all types of love, not just the stereotypical relationship. My favorite story was the one where they meet on the airplane, as I found it sweet and endearing. His other works are better, so if you started with this one I would direct you to a different title (see above). ( )
  alb2219 | Mar 12, 2014 |
So much prom... It was fun to read stuff he wrote when he was younger, though. ( )
  earthforms | Feb 2, 2014 |
  kcarrigan | Aug 26, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 037584886X, Hardcover)

Just in time for Valentine’s Day comes a confection from David Levithan that is sure to appeal to fans of Boy Meets Boy. Here are 18 stories, all about love, and about all kinds of love. From the aching for the one you pine for, to standing up and speaking up for the one you love, to pure joy and happiness, these love stories run the gamut of that emotion that at some point has turned every one of us inside out and upside down. What is love? With this original story collection David Levithan proves that love is a many splendored thing, a varied, complicated, addictive, wonderful thing.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:34:54 -0400)

A collection of eighteen stories describing the surprises, sacrifices, doubts, pain, and joy of falling in love.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,720,499 books! | Top bar: Always visible