How They Met, and Other Stories by David…

How They Met, and Other Stories

by David Levithan

"Starbucks Boy": Hilarious, clever, and sweet. 5/5

"Miss Lucy Had A Steamboat": I didn't really get this one, but I THINK it's about how one should respond to getting one's heart broken. 3/5.

"The Alumni Interview": Interviews for colleges are always varying degrees of awful. Add to it the awkwardness of the interviewer being your boyfriend's father and everything gets hilarious but even more awful. 5/5.

"The Good Witch": Painful prom story. 3/5.

"The Escalator, a Love Story": Rather meh. 3/5.

"The Number of People Who Meet on Airplanes": is apparently a whole lot more than anyone guessed. A little disjointed but fun. 4/5.

"Andrew Chang": Another painful prom story. 3/5.

"Flirting With Waiters": Not what I expected it to be (less flirting than I thought as well). People acted like HUMAN BEINGS in it. 4/5.

"Lost Sometimes": A VERY painful prom story. 3/5.

"Princes": I like stories with lots of dancing. Also the little bro was legit. 4/5.

"Breaking and Entering": I was expecting more than a "Sometimes you just have to let go" moral. 4/5.

"Skipping The Prom": BORING. 2/5.

"A Romantic Inclination": Entertaining but a little heartless. 3/5.

"What A Song Can Do": One of my favorites! Lots of in-story assumptions are destroyed. 5/5

"Without Saying": VERY VERY CONFUSING BUT I LIKE IT. SUBJECTIVE RATING
"How They Met": What it says on the can. 3/5.

"Memory Dance": Absurdly cute. 4/5.

"Intersection": What it says on the can. 3/5.

"Intersection": ( )
  Stebahnree | Mar 13, 2016 |
"Starbucks Boy": Hilarious, clever, and sweet. 5/5

"The Good Witch": Painful prom story. 3/5.

"The Escalator, a Love Story": Rather meh. 3/5.

"Andrew Chang": Another painful prom story. 3/5.

"Lost Sometimes": A VERY painful prom story. 3/5.

"Skipping The Prom": BORING. 2/5.

"A Romantic Inclination": Entertaining but a little heartless. 3/5.

"Without Saying": VERY VERY CONFUSING BUT I LIKE IT. SUBJECTIVE RATING
"How They Met": What it says on the can. 3/5.

"Memory Dance": Absurdly cute. 4/5.

"Intersection": What it says on the can. 3/5.

"Intersection": ( )
  Stebahnree | Mar 13, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 037584886X, Hardcover)

Just in time for Valentine’s Day comes a confection from David Levithan that is sure to appeal to fans of Boy Meets Boy. Here are 18 stories, all about love, and about all kinds of love. From the aching for the one you pine for, to standing up and speaking up for the one you love, to pure joy and happiness, these love stories run the gamut of that emotion that at some point has turned every one of us inside out and upside down. What is love? With this original story collection David Levithan proves that love is a many splendored thing, a varied, complicated, addictive, wonderful thing.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:35 -0400)

A collection of eighteen stories describing the surprises, sacrifices, doubts, pain, and joy of falling in love.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,814,420 books! | Top bar: Always visible