Tears of the Giraffe (No. 1 Ladies Detective…

Tears of the Giraffe (No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, Book 2) (original 2000; edition 2002)

by Alexander McCall Smith (Author)

Member:mfagan
Title:Tears of the Giraffe (No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, Book 2)
Authors:Alexander McCall Smith (Author)
Info:Anchor (2002), 256 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***

Tears of the Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith (2000)

English (130)  Swedish (3)  German (1)  Norwegian (1)  All languages (135)
Mma Ramotswe and her assistant Mma Makutsi returned for more mysteries to solve -- and more cups of bush tea to drink. I read this title quite a long while ago now, but I loved the early books in this series for the cozy mysteries that they are. ( )
  sweetiegherkin | Oct 22, 2018 |
Red Bush tea will always bring back the sensation of reading this pleasurable book.
  joannajuki | Aug 1, 2018 |
It is a book that brings me peace when I read it. Learning about the life in Botswana and this bright woman that is achieving the things she believes in is just so inspiring and amusing! Great book! ( )
  InnahLovesYou | May 2, 2018 |
I just love these cozy mysteries that delve into deep moral questions. This one asks if it's right to do the wrong thing to get the right result. Precious Ramotswe and Grace Makutsi ponder their obligation to reveal all they've learned to a client, and, as they often do, come up with a novel solution. ( )
  wandaly | Mar 19, 2018 |
This was another warm hug of a book from this series, full of gentle humour and delightful characters. I’ve known about this series for years but only recently read the first novel. This was another 99p Kindle bargain for me and I enjoyed it as much as the first! The detective investigation is almost incidental to the story, I just enjoyed learning more about Mma Ramotswe and Mr J.L.B. Matekoni. A quick read and a totally enjoyable one, I look forward to reading the next. ( )
  BIL2018 | Feb 16, 2018 |

Alexander McCall Smithprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bronswijk, Ineke vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is for Richard Latcham
Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni, proprietor of Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors, found it difficult to believe that Mma Ramotswe, the accomplished founder of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, had agreed to marry him.

THE NO.1 LADIES' DETECTIVE AGENCY introduced the world to the one and only Precious Ramotswe - the engaging and sassy owner of Botswana's only detective agency. TEARS OF THE GIRAFFE, McCall Smith's second book, takes us further into this world as we follow Mama Ramotswe into more daring situations ...Among her cases this time are wayward wives, unscrupulous maids, and the challenge to resolve a mother's pain for her son who is long lost on the African plains. Indeed, Mma Ramotswe's own impending marriage to the most gentlemanly of men, Mr J.L.B. Matekoni, the promotion of Mma's secretary to the dizzy heights of Assistant Detective, and the arrival of new members to the Matekoni family, all brew up the most humorous and charmingly entertaining of tales. * TEARS OF THE GIRAFFE was selected as one of the GUARDIAN's top ten 'Fiction Paperbacks of the Year, 2000

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:06 -0400)

Mma "Precious" Ramotswe is now engaged to Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni, the kind owner of Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors. This new development provokes a hostile reaction from Mr. Matekoni's unscrupulous maid, who quickly begins plotting the disintegration of the engagement. Despite all this, duty calls, and Mma Ramotswe is asked to help find an American woman's son who has been missing in Africa for 10 years.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,818,841 books! | Top bar: Always visible