The Devil You Know (Morgan Kingsley,…

The Devil You Know (Morgan Kingsley, Exorcist, Book 2) (edition 2008)

by Jenna Black

Member:DeathsMistress
Title:The Devil You Know (Morgan Kingsley, Exorcist, Book 2)
Authors:Jenna Black
Info:Dell (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Rating:*****

The Devil You Know by Jenna Black

Morgan is back and trying to figure out what happened in her past while trying to avoid being murdered (and thereby kill Lugh who has taken up residence within her) by the evil demons trying to take over the throne. I wish I had more story regarding her life as an exorcist. The story moved along fairly well and didn't drag too much, but when I looked back at it, not a lot actually happened. Yes, she may have discovered what happened to her when she was young and she avoided being murdered and she even grew a little by allowing Brian to be a part of her life even with the dangers involved - and I enjoyed reading the book. BUT, not a lot actually happened. I will read the next one, maybe there's more forward movement in the story. ( )
  mlh2 | Aug 6, 2013 |
I was a little (my boyfriend would probably say "a lot") horrified to find this book in the romance section at Borders.

As previous reviewers have noted, Jenna Black's "Devil" series isn't paranormal romance...it's definitely urban fantasy with some dashes of horror and and a liberal dose of BDSM (bondage, etc.) subculture (I'm guessing the average romance reader doesn't get turned on by two gorgeous gay guys involved in S&M).

Anyway, Jenna Black is fantastic. This book ended a bit abruptly for my tastes (it felt like maybe there was a paragraph missing) but it achieved it's goal of making me excited for the next installment. ( )
  ElizabethConard | Apr 5, 2013 |
I feel that this was just as good as the first book. Kept me interested the whole time I was reading. Morgan is still possessed and her life still sucks. I love the characters and the way they interact with one another. I'll definitely be getting the third book. ( )
  DeathsMistress | Jan 7, 2013 |
Not as great as the first book but I still loved the characters. In this second book in the series Morgan is still possessed by the demon king, Lugh and she has decided to break up with Brian because she feels she is a danger to him. She is still the kick ass heroine that I have come to love but she is a little (and I do mean a little) bit better about thinking before she acts.

With the help of Adam, Dominic and her brother Andrew (who is no longer possessed by Rapheal) she must unravel the mystery of who her biological dad is (and what REALLY happened in the hospital when she was a child). Enter in the new threat to Morgan/Lugh's life a psychotic demon, Der Jager, who has been let loose by Lugh's brother, Dougal. Der Jager's job is to figure out where Lugh is because as far as they know Lugh has switched hosts. Once again Morgan must fight for her life (and Lugh's) otherwise a full scale demon war will happen. Morgan's interaction with Adam is slowly beginning to change her views on demons. She has learned so much that now nothing is black and white anymore.

I gave it 3 stars because it didn't come close to how interesting the first book was. I do hope that the third book is much more interesting! ( )
  Kelsey_O | Mar 20, 2011 |
Demons walk among us. In fact, some of them are us.

In a world where people volunteer for possession, the unwilling aren't supposed to be taken. Unfortunately, that's not always the case, and the truth behind even willing possession isn't as pretty as the PR folks play it. For exorcist Morgan Kingsley that fact is just a tad too close to home. She's now among the unwilling possessed herself. Of course, her demon is restricted to snatching a few moments topside only when she's unconscious, but others aren't so lucky. And demon politics are a real killer.

I probably would have marked this a touch higher if I hadn't started with book 2 in the series. Not bad, though. ( )
  SunnySD | Aug 23, 2010 |
For Gayle, one of my first critique partners, whose courage and positive attitude have truly been an inspiration
There's no denying Dominic Castello is a treat to look at--the classic tall, dark, and handsome.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553590456, Mass Market Paperback)

The beautiful. The bad. The possessed.

Some people worship them. Some people fear them. And some people—like Morgan Kingsley—go up against them toe-to-toe, flesh to flesh, and power against power. An exorcist by trade, Morgan is one of the few humans with an aura stronger than her possessor, even though her demon can tease her body senseless. She’s also a woman who has just discovered a shocking truth: everything she once believed about her past, her identity, may have been a lie.

With a family secret exploding around her and a full-scale demon war igniting, Morgan is a key player in an unsettled world. Then a rogue sociopathic demon enters her life with a bang. His name is The Hunter. And since she is the prey, Morgan has only one choice: to hunt The Hunter down—no matter what heartbreaking truths she uncovers along the way….

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:35:34 -0400)

Exorcist Morgan Kingsley will need all of her strength in this novel. An explosive family secret threatens everything she believes about her identity, while an igniting demon war demands her attention. When a rogue sociopathic demon named The Hunter enters her life, she finds herself the prey--and the hunt is on.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,363,944 books! | Top bar: Always visible