The Bone Collector (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel)…

The Bone Collector (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel) (original 1997; edition 1998)

by Jeffery Deaver

Member:xcrischix
Title:The Bone Collector (A Lincoln Rhyme Novel)
Authors:Jeffery Deaver
Info:Signet (1998), Mass Market Paperback, 528 Seiten
Rating:*****

The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver (1997)

I liked this book. My first Deaver book. It reminded me of Blood Work. Was a quick, easy read and one that kept me interested throughout. ( )
  Charlie-Ravioli | Jan 18, 2016 |
I was drawn into this novel and enjoyed the search for the Bone Collector. The ending was a bit surprising but believable. There are graphic descriptions of the crimes which could turn some people off but it didn't bother me. I'll definitely read more Rhyme/Sachs novels. ( )
  RachelNF | Jan 15, 2016 |
I love this book. It kept me on the edge of my seat, full of suspense and a few surprises. Lincoln was a great character. I liked how he worked through all the hints and clues for the next victim. If anyone is a mystery reader, I would suggest getting this book and reading it. ( )
  ChildofGod | Dec 11, 2015 |
I totally forgot how much this book delves into some New York history. This second time around reading it, I learned a lot about the composition and variations of dirt and about certain nieghborhoods of NYC, and a little more about Lincoln Rhyme. I didn't think he was as fleshed out as I remembered, but then I have the hindsight of learning more about his character through out all the other volumes about him. I had forgotten that Dellray started out as a sort-of unlikeable FBI agent who becomes a more developed character throughout the series. Overall it's a solid storyline with lots of interesting tidbits about forensic investigation, and I am just about to dive into my next Deaver re-read. ( )
  cjazzlee | Nov 13, 2015 |
I have had this book since 2003 and have not even looked at it twice until recently. I wish I would have picked it up sooner! I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would definitely read more by Jeffery Deaver (author). A quadriplegic former detective? As a main character? Wow! Definitely worth the read! I have not seen the movie and I might keep it that way. Most books are way better than movies most of the time.
  ladyofunicorns | Oct 5, 2015 |

Deaver, Jefferyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Massaron S.Translatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Massaron, StefanoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The present in New York is so powerful that the past is lost. - John Jay Chapman
For my family, Dee, Danny, Julie, Ethel, and Nelson...Apples don't fall far. And for Diana too.
She wanted only to sleep.

Lincoln Rhyme was once one of the nation's most brilliant criminologists, a genius in the field of forensics. Now an accident has left his physically crippled and emotionally stunted. But he's about to be dragged into the most explosive case of his already distinguished career. A diabolical killer known as the Bone Collector has been stalking unsuspecting prey on the streets of New York, and it will take all of Rhyme's investigative skills to stop him.

With beautiful police detective Amelia Sachs at his side, Rhyme must uncover a labyrinth of clues to prevent the next grisly crime. But a race against the clock becomes a terrifying battle of wits as Rhyme is drawn, step by chilling step, into the mind of a monstrous madman who won't stop until he has stripped life down to raw bone...

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0451188454, Mass Market Paperback)

The hero of Jeffery Deaver's thriller The Bone Collector is Lincoln Rhyme, a forensic scientist known to his peers as "the world's foremost criminalist." Rhyme will need all his reason--and his considerable stock of high-tech tools--about him to solve this latest brain-twister: a serial killer with method to his madness. In tried and true thriller fashion, the killer's crimes are described in lurid detail, as is the astounding technological equipment with which Rhyme examines the evidence--everything from an energy-dispersive x-ray unit to a mass spectrometer.

Every fictional detective has his or her gimmick, from Sherlock Holmes's violin to Nero Wolf's orchids, and Rhyme is no exception. He is a quadriplegic who can move nothing but a single finger. Gadget-philes will be in seventh heaven reading about Lincoln Rhyme's tools; other readers might feel the book could do with a few more plausible characters and a little less technology.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:17 -0400)

Once the nation's foremost criminologist and the ex-head of NYPD forensics, quadriplegic Lincoln Rhyme abandons his forced retirement and joins forces with rookie cop Amelia Sachs to track down a vicious serial killer. A paralyzed New York detective is talked out of committing suicide to hunt for a cab driver who tortures and kills. The detective, Lincoln Rhyme, can only move his head so he is paired with police beauty Amelia Sachs. Together they go after the killer who tantalizes police with clues to his next murder. By the author of A Maiden's Grave.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,156,715 books! | Top bar: Always visible