The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True…

The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches: A Practical (and Fun)…

by Jeff Yeager

Eh - preaching to the converted here. More of a presentation of a philosophy of a frugal way of life than actual tips - but the tips he does have are ones we haven't seen everywhere else. Enough humor to keep me reading almost every page. Only you can judge for yourself whether you can use his advice or not - but I do think you should check out at least one of his works or his website. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
good book. Basic message" decide what level you want your standard of living to be (i.e., what is enough) and stay there; spend your life doing the things you enjoy, not earning more money to get more stuff.
  EricLPetty | Mar 29, 2015 |
Preaching to the choir. some nice encouragement though I guess. ( )
  swampygirl | Dec 9, 2013 |
Although this book gets goofy and self-congratulatory sometimes, the information is often useful. I particularly like his attitude of living below his means in spite of pressure from this society to buy, buy, buy. I re-evaluated my own spending behavior and said "No!" to myself on several occasions. I got this book from the library, and it is well-worn and falling apart, so well used. Worth a read for anyone interested in living a more simple and frugal lifestyle. ( )
  brickhorse | Jan 23, 2013 |
Good book with some helpful advice, but kind of goes off the deep end in a few places. Overall, fairly practical. Presents the thought that sometimes the way to riches involves working and earning less and enjoying life more. ( )
  chsbellboy | Feb 9, 2011 |

It used to be that “stuff” made you cool. That is so twentieth century. Jeff Yeager, the man dubbed The Ultimate Cheapskate by Matt Lauer on Today, offers a completely fresh take on personal finance, teaching us how to enjoy life more by spending less. He will show you how to buy less stuff, retire young, and live financially free, while you make a positive difference in people’s lives and save the planet along the way. The Ultimate Cheapskate’s Road Map to True Riches lays out the practices and principles that have made cheap the new cool.

Live within your means at thirty and stay there. The Ultimate Cheapskate was living well on what he earned at thirty, so when he made more money, he saved every penny. Now he is “selfishly” employed, doing work he loves and helping others.

Do for yourself what you could have others do for you. Cheapskates are die-hard do-it-yourselfers. It’s all about having the right tools, and The Ultimate Cheapskate will get you started.

Pinch the dollars and the pennies will pinch themselves. It’s not the $3 cup of coffee; it’s the big-ticket decisions that determine whether you’ll be financially free. So buy a house, not a castle.

The Ultimate Cheapskate’s Road Map to True Riches promises a quality of life you cannot buy, a sense of satisfaction you cannot fake, and an appreciation for others and for the planet that gives life value. Open your road map and prepare to discover the true joys of financial freedom.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:06 -0400)

A guide to the art of simple living presents a series of realistic and effective ways to economize, live well, and embrace life's true joys.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,008,762 books! | Top bar: Always visible