Blood Dreams (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit…

Blood Dreams (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit Novels) (edition 2007)

by Kay Hooper

Member:sugarhilllibrary
Title:Blood Dreams (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit Novels)
Authors:Kay Hooper
Info:Bantam (2007), Edition: 1st, Hardcover, 336 pages

Blood Dreams (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit Novels) by Kay Hooper

English (25)  English (1)  English (26)
Dani Justice has pre-cognitive dreams or rather nightmares. She has been having this particular one for some months now. She has come home to her hometown just outside of Atlanta, Georgia to spend time with her identical twin sister, Paris. Dani and Paris have known since they were kids that they have more than just a special "twin" connection. They each have their own psychic abilities that are enhanced when they work together. They have joined a private organization (Haven) run by John and Maggie Garret that consists of many different types of psychics. This organization was started as an idea of FBI Special Agent Noah Bishop. Bishop is the head of the Special Crimes Unit that also has primarily psychics working for it. Bishop and his team had been tracking a very evil serial killer in Boston who killed a dozen women. The last one killed was the daughter of a US Senator who has offered his help and resources to Bishop and who very much wants this killer caught if he has to do it himself. I've been reading this series from the very beginning and love the idea that she is doing a trilogy. I loved this book, enjoyed catching up with some past favorite characters and enjoyed meeting the new characters. I even liked the "cliffhanger". I hope that the rest of the series continues to explore the new characters and lets us know what's going on with the rest of the unit. If you like good suspense, I highly recommend this book. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Alyssa Bresnahan
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
I've enjoyed Kay Hooper since she was writing Loveswept novels in the early 80s. Yes, I know I'm dating myself. ;^)

The SCU series just continue to be enjoyable reads. I'm looking forward to more books in this series line. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Very good book. ( )
  Barbara31542 | May 25, 2014 |
Meh. Maybe I'm tired of reading this series -- set in trilogies. Maybe I don't like all the "who's on first" feel. Maybe I don't like the "this is the mother of all monsters" build up to "he's so ordinary...and not the monster we're looking for." Whatever it was, I wasn't impressed by #10 in the Bishop series. Also, don't be fooled by the "romance" bookshelf. There's maybe five sentences devoted to the romance in the story. ( )
  lesmel | May 21, 2013 |
It was the nightmare brought to life, Dani thought.

This killer dreams in shades of death….

In each of her New York Times bestselling novels, critically acclaimed author Kay Hooper has led readers to unforgettably chilling encounters with fear and evil. Now, in her latest thriller, she takes us on a terrifying manhunt for a serial killer no ordinary cops can stop–a psychopath who seems to step out of a living nightmare.

He’s the kind of killer we instinctively fear the most. A killer without boundaries, without conscience, without any fear of being caught. And his latest victim is terrifying proof that no one is safe: the daughter of a powerful U.S. senator.

Now, with the national media calling for justice and a grief-stricken father seeking vengeance, Bishop and his FBI Special Crimes Unit find themselves in a unique situation. This time even psychic cops aren’t enough to stop evil. Aid comes in the form of a fledgling civilian organization of unorthodox crime stoppers. Operating outside of any government oversight, without sanction or official authority, they are comprised of a membership every bit as talented and eccentric as Bishop’s SCU–if not more so. And that is no coincidence. For Bishop helped launch this organization barely two years before.

Dani Justice knows all about monsters. They haunt her nightmares–and her life. But she never expected to find herself doggedly on the trail of a real flesh-and-blood predator so cunning, he’s eluded the best law enforcement could send up against him; so deadly, he doesn’t hesitate to kill even a senator’s daughter. Or a cop.

Dani doesn’t want to hunt this killer. She doesn’t want to risk the life she’s made for herself, or her hard-won peace. But she doesn’t have a choice. Because his bloody rampage has hit far too close to home. Because Dani alone commands a weapon powerful enough to destroy him.
And because Dani knows something even Bishop doesn’t. Dani knows how the hunt ends. It ends in fire. And blood. And death.

What she doesn’t know is who will survive.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:05 -0400)

When the daughter of a powerful U.S. senator becomes the latest victim of a serial killer, FBI agent Noah Bishop and his Special Crimes Unit must join forces with a rogue civilian agency, originally founded by Bishop as a privately funded resource team, to stop the maniac.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,672,050 books! | Top bar: Always visible