Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Successful terrariums;: A step-by-step guide,

by Ken Kayatta

1521,061,075 (4.5)None

I bought this as a child, and admit I've done more gazing through it than applying it, but I did successfully create a few using the book. Even just looking through it I found it fun, and this does go through every step in creating a terrarium (tropical, woodland or desert) or a vivarium (stocked with frogs, toads, salamanders, newts, in a woodland setting or lizards in a desert setting.) It all makes creating terrariums very simple. ( )
  LisaMaria_C | Sep 15, 2013 |
I bought this book after an Amazon review about a much newer terrarium book said this older book was still a much better reference. Completely true. It lacks the pretty pictures you might see elsewhere, and yes the macrame and outfits here and there date the photos you do see... But the text is clear, well-organized, and detailed. There's lots of information about soil mixes, how different terrarium types should be treated (woodland vs tropical vs desert vs some specialty plants), light requirements, learning how to plant in challenging containers, sourcing containers... Even how to have a terrarium party, which sounds like fun to dorky ol' me. If you are interested in terraria, it definitely belongs on your shelf. ( )
  sweetsapling | Mar 5, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,768,667 books! | Top bar: Always visible