Tick Tock by Dean Koontz

Tick Tock

by Dean Koontz

Recently added byprivate library, ushatten, tntPrice, AspieNerdGirl, BillieBook, PhxDan, mccbookdrive

English (22)  Swedish (1)  All languages (23)
ore chills and terror from the New York Times bestselling author of Intensity. When Vietnamese-American detective/novelist Tommy Phan finds a strange rag doll on his doorstep, he has no idea of its terrifying nature. Soon, Tommy finds himself being hunted in his own house after the doll grows into a monster determined to kill him.

### Review

"Dean Koontz is not just a master of our darkest dreams, but also a literary juggler."—*The Times*, London

*From the Paperback edition.*

### From the Publisher

"Koontz is a master at maintaining mystery and suspense."
-- **Library Journal**

"Dean Koontz writes page-turners, middle-of-the-night, sneak-up-behind-you suspense thrillers with a supernatural twist ... He touches our hearts and tingles our spines."
-- **San Francisco Chronicle**

"Dean Koontz is a master storyteller ... always riveting."
-- **The San Diego Union**

"Koontz's characters are fallible, complex, and human."
-- **The New York Times Book Review**

"Koontz's writing is flawless."
-- **The Denver Post** ( )
  Hans.Michel | Sep 13, 2013 |
I remember reading this book. I started it on a Saturday morning. My mom was still in good health and that night I was in bed and i was just reading away, She had dragged me everywhere all day and i just wanted to read this book so at bed time i curled up and about 3 in the morning she comes in and was shocked that i was till engrossed. It was a wonderful book and leaves me with a fond memory of my mom on that day that i read it.
  Bettyb30 | Jun 24, 2013 |
You have to read this as comedy, then you'll get your pleasure. ( )
  wrongwayhome | Mar 30, 2013 |
Amazing! This book has everything you could possibly want. It has incredible characters, an interesting plot, creepy moments, funny moments, action, and on top of all that, it’s well written.

This was my first Dean Koontz book. I had been wanting to read something by him for a long time but just never got around to it until I picked up this book. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much while reading a book. Del is by far my favourite fictional character. I love her so much.

This may have been my first Koontz book, but it wont be my last. You need to read this one. ( )
  TheBookHoarder | Feb 8, 2013 |
Tommy Phan finds a small rag doll on his doorstep. It's a simple doll, covered entirely in white cloth, with crossed black stitches for the eyes and mouth, and another pair forming an X over the heart What does it mean and what happens after he hears a tearing noise and then finds the dolls stitching town. Follow Detective Novelist Tommy Phan as he tries to figure out whats going on with the clock ticking down ( )
  Scoshie | Oct 11, 2011 |

Dean Koontzprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Michael, PaulNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Gerda with the promise of sand, surf, and a Scootie of our own
Out of a cloudless sky on a windless November day came a sudden shadow that swooped across the bright aqua Corvette.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553582925, Mass Market Paperback)

Tommy Phan is a successful detective novelist living the American Dream in southern California. One evening he comes home to find a small rag doll on his doorstep. It’s a simple doll, covered entirely in white cloth, with crossed black stitches for the eyes and mouth, and another pair forming an X over the heart. Curious, he brings it inside.

That night Tommy hears an odd popping sound and looks up to see the stitches breaking over the doll’s heart. And in minutes the fabric of Tommy Phan’s reality will be torn apart. Something terrifying emerges from the pristine white cloth, something that will follow Tommy wherever he goes. Something that he can’t destroy. It wants Tommy’s life, and he doesn’t know why. He has only one ally, a beautiful, strangely intuitive waitress he meets by chance—or by a design far beyond his comprehension. He has too many questions, no answers, and very little time. Because the vicious and demonically clever doll has left this warning on Tommy’s computer screen:

The deadline is dawn.

Ticktock

Time is running out.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:16 -0400)

After stumbling upon a mysterious rag doll on his doorstep, Tommy Phan finds himself hunted in his own home, as the doll begins to grow into a monster that is determined to kill him.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,111,405 books! | Top bar: Always visible