Twilight Eyes by Dean Koontz

Twilight Eyes (1985)

by Dean Koontz

English (13)  Dutch (2)  All languages (15)
My all-time favorite Koontz novel. I've read it twice and will probably read it again -- and again -- and again. ( )
  kylaurel | Aug 3, 2014 |
My favourite novel of all time ( )
  Sammy_Munt | Sep 18, 2013 |
SUMMARY: The carnival is coming to town-and it's like nothing you've ever seen.
  Hans.Michel | Sep 13, 2013 |
When the book first starts out I'm not sure if Slim MacKenzi does have a talent of seeing goblins where normal people can't. Or is he psychotic? Slim has left the pacific northwest where he has murdered a goblin masquerading as his uncle. He is working his way east by joining carnivals, where no one asks questions. Too many flashbacks to his hometown and family. He continues to kill goblins but we find out that others in the carnival can see them too. This leads him on a two person war with the goblins in Pennsylvania. A bit on the fringe in the plot line, but interesting. I did have to drag out my dictionary for the liberal use of 25 cent words, no complaints there. I felt the story could have progressed with more action and less words. This is all done in a two part book. ( )
  AdorableArlene | Sep 10, 2011 |
I decided to re-read Twilight Eyes after nearly 20 years. Needless to say, it did not live up to the memory I had maintained in my mind. The carnival setting of the first half of the book always intrigued me in a Bradbury-esque way. However, once Koontz attempts to explain the origins of the goblins and then our two intrepid heroes infiltrate their underground lair to ultimately find the Pentagon's armageddon bunker for beasties, he loses me completely. The pace is pretty quick by Koontz's standards, but such extreme suspension of disbelief is required to accept the goblins' origin theory that you will be hard-pressed to not chuckle. Throw in the usual clunky Koontz similes and you've got an average book at best. ( )
  TheTwoDs | Mar 5, 2011 |

Dean Koontzprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gelder, Cherie vanTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
I had thought some of nature's journeymen had made men and
not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably

-Shakespeare
Hope is the pillar
  that holds up the world.
Hope is the dream
  of a waking man.

-Pliny the Elder
I am on the side of the unregenerate who affirm the worth of
life as an end in itself.

-Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
This book is dedicated to
Tim and Serena Powers
and
Jim and Viki Blaylock
because they are
fellow toilers
in the vineyards
and because
it seems fitting
that such a strange story
should be dedicated to
strange people.
That was the year they murdered our president in Dallas.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425100650, Mass Market Paperback)

Only Slim MacKenzie can pierce the disguises and recognize the diabolical schemes of the undead who are feeding on human suffering, thanks to the gift--or burden--of special vision afforded by his twilight eyes. Reissue.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:43:52 -0400)

Slim Mackenzie, a young man both blessed and cursed by "twilight eyes," is sought by the police for murder as he stalks the diabolical "Others," who feed their twisted needs with human suffering.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,377,487 books! | Top bar: Always visible