Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs by Judi…

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs (1978)

by Judi Barrett

Other authors: Ron Barrett (Illustrator)

Series: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (1)

Recently added bycesdemo, Revekka, private library, virg144

This book does a really great job with detail. The descriptions of the weather and different foods captured my attention. Kids will have a blast with this book because they would think this is funny. The pictures definitely encourage imagination. ( )
  Oliviacap | Nov 21, 2016 |
This is one of my favorite books because of how whimsical it is. There is so much detail in the descriptions of the weather. I love the features of fantasy in this book as well. The illustrations are great, I love how black and white (boring) is juxtaposed against color (fun). ( )
  celutz8191 | Nov 13, 2016 |
This is funny story about when it starting raining meatballs and other foods. This book is very entertaining and exciting because you never know what will happen next. The pictures are great and go well with words. ( )
  ceh4115 | Nov 10, 2016 |
This book is one of my favorites that I would use to encourage imagination to my students. It is a classic story, having been told to me many times, of a town overrun by food. I also think the illustrations are incredible, but I just like food in general.:) ( )
  MaryHannahSwan | Nov 10, 2016 |
In this book, the Barrett duo paints the story of a town called Chewandswallow where all of the food comes from the sky like rain. Children love this silly tale where food, weather, and accidents reign in a parallel universe. Recommended for all ages, especially middle elementary. ( )
  BethBaugh | Nov 6, 2016 |

Judi Barrettprimary authorall editionscalculated
Barrett, RonIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Terheyden, LindaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
We were all sitting around the big kitchen table.

"Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" is a story that allows children to use their imagination. In a town one day, food is falling from the sky. Sounds like heaven, no? Well, while others may enjoy the free falling food, not every one is so happy. To see how the town reacts to this phenomenon and what food exactly falls from the sky, children must read and find out.

If food dropped like rain from the sky, wouldn't it be marvelous! Or would it? It could, after all, be messy. And you'd have no choice. What if you didn't like what fell? Or what if too much came? Have you ever thought of what it might be like to be squashed flat by a pancake?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:53 -0400)

Life is delicious in the town of Chewandswallow where it rains soup and juice, snows mashed potatoes, and blows storms of hamburgers--until the weather takes a turn for the worse.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,702,438 books! | Top bar: Always visible