Hotter Than Hell by Kim Harrison
Authors:Kim Harrison
Info:Harper (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 512 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:TBR, Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, Anthology

Hotter Than Hell (Anthology 12-in-1) by Kim Harrison (Editor) (2008)

Recently added byprivate library, CC123, TexasBookLover7, DrusillasMummy, hazem99, Syriina, Readera, Rituri

Half of this anthology was really great, while the other half was just meh.

Music Hath Charms by Tanya Huff was the first in this anthology and was okay. Ali is trying to get a new band to sign with her company, but her rival company has their sights set on the same one. Problems arise and soon Ali finds herself also trying to save the band. This story had an interesting take on sirens, but other than that it was just okay. 3/5

Minotaur in Stone by Marjorie M. Liu was the story that I picked up this anthology for and I was not disappointed in it at all. A homeless girl who lives in a library starts having vivid dreams of the Minotaur who claims that she can save him. The mythology and writing of this story was just fantastic. 5/5

Demon Lover by Cheyenne McCray was another good one. An incubus falls in love with a human. This one reminded me a lot of Kenyon's dream-hunter series. 4/5

Equinox by L.A. Banks was okay. I honestly don't remember much about this one. I believe one of Artemis's preistesses comes to earth and starts turning CEO's who have damaged the environment into stags for punishment. 3/5

Ride a Dark Horse by Susan Krinard was great. It was a unique story that had a lot of fairytale aspects to it. After a messy divorce a woman takes a vacation on a Ranch and finds a mysterious stranger and dark horse popping up both in her real life and dreams. 4.5/5

To Die For by Keri Arthur was the last story in this anthology that I really enjoyed. This one follows a wolf shifter and her werewolf partner as they investigate two cases of missing teenagers. This story had an excellent well developed plot. I can't wait to pick up a full length novel by Arthur. 5/5

Curse of the Dragon's Tears by Heidi Betts was another okay story. General romance. A woman goes to a castle to find the man who her great-grandmother cursed a century ago. 3/5

Brother's Keeper by Lilith Saintcrow I hated. Characters were introduced as well as a mystery but that's it. The whole story just felt like a prologue to a book. And not just that but I also didn't like how helpless the heroine was the entire story. 1/5

Like a Virgin of the Spring by Susan Sizemore and Denise Little was interesting. A woman from the future gets lost in the past and is saved by a man from the future. I don't really get into time travel books. This one reminded me a bit of Angela Knight's short stories. 3/5

Life is a Teacher by Carrie Vaughn was okay. A freshly turned vampire struggles with adopting to her new life. 3/5

Moonlight Becomes You by Linda Winstead Jones follows a woman who is convinced that her neighbor is a vampire and sets out to prove it to herself. This was cute and fun story. Probably the most humorous one. 4/5

Dirty Magic by Kim Harrison I didn't read. I've tried reading Harrison's stuff before and could never get into it so I skipped this one.

So overall, this anthology was pretty good. Just a couple of stories that just were not all that great. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |
I read these anthologies strictly for filler between books. I usually only pick them up for a few select authors that happen to have a story inside. ( )
  Pabkins | Jun 24, 2014 |
anthology ( )
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |
Amazon preorder
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
To begin with, I'd like to say that I absolutely love some of the authors in this anthology...which is why it totally blows my mind as to why these stories were so completely awful.

If you must read this to get your fix from a favorite author, please check it out from the library. Don't waste $8.50 like I did. ( )
  ElizabethConard | Apr 5, 2013 |

McCray, CheyenneContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Saintcrow, LilithContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sizemore, SusanContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Vaughn, CarrieContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
As Glen maneuvered his car over the rutted field the sign insisted was the parking lot, Ali frowned out the tinted window at a line of teenagers dressed in white and leading enormous brown cows and wondered if her partner had lost his mind.
Short stories in anthology:

(Like a) Virgin of the Spring by Susan Sizemore and Denise Little
Life Is the Teacher by Carrie Vaughn
Moonlight Becomes You by Linda Winstead Jones
Dirty Magic by Kim Harrison

Please do not combine any of the titles in the anthology with the single-title books.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0061161292, Mass Market Paperback)

Beyond the boundaries of the everyday is an unseen realm where anything you imagine is possible. Your demon lover is waiting for you in the shadows, ready to fulfill your secret wishes and most dangerous fantasies. Here passion has a face and form both titillating and terrifying—and love has teeth and claws. Get ready to give in to your craving for something exquisitely dark . . . and different.

Hotter Than Hell gathers together a baker's dozen of today's boldest and best authors of supernatural fiction and paranormal romance in a breathtaking anthology that blends black magic with red-hot desire. From the tantalizing tale of a conflicted psychic vampire driven by a powerful, savage love to the strange saga of a Greek warrior woman battling to save the world, these are stories outside the limits, as hypnotic as the full moon . . . and hotter than the sun.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:03:28 -0400)

Gathers together a baker's dozen of today's boldest and best authors of supernatural fiction and paranormal romance in an anthology that blends black magic with red-hot desire. From the tantalizing tale of a conflicted psychic vampire driven by a powerful, savage love to the strange saga of a Greek warrior woman battling to save the world, these are stories outside the limits, as hypnotic as the full moon . . . and hotter than the sun.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,031,404 books! | Top bar: Always visible