Tao of Pooh and Te of Piglet Boxed Set by…

Tao of Pooh and Te of Piglet Boxed Set (edition 1994)

by Benjamin Hoff

Member:EmmeA
Title:Tao of Pooh and Te of Piglet Boxed Set
Authors:Benjamin Hoff
Info:Penguin (Non-Classics) (1994), Paperback

Tao of Pooh and Te of Piglet Boxed Set by Benjamin Hoff

I think this is one of those works that I would have enjoyed more if I'd read it in my teens or twenties rather than my thirties (I didn't). Or that I would have found more profound if it were my first introduction to Taoism (it wasn't). Much like the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, I came upon these books too late for my own good, as a grouchy, jaded, grown-ass man. And as such, The Tao of Pooh and The Te of Piglet just struck me as being not nearly as clever as they seemed to think they were. I fully admit that it's probably my fault. ( )
1 vote benjamin.duffy | Jul 28, 2013 |
very good book ( )
  ashchan03 | Feb 3, 2012 |
While I learned some basics of Tao, the whole Pooh thing was tiresome and trivializing. There must be some other, better intros to Taoism. ( )
  ghefferon | Jan 12, 2011 |
One of the coolest books I've come across. Anyone interested in religion/philosophy should read it. It's a fun, quick read and I love it. ( )
  weeksj10 | Dec 21, 2010 |
Amazon.com Review:

Is there such thing as a Western Taoist? Benjamin Hoff says there is, and this Taoist's favorite food is honey. Through brilliant and witty dialogue with the beloved Pooh-bear and his companions, the author of this smash bestseller explains with ease and aplomb that rather than being a distant and mysterious concept, Taoism is as near and practical to us as our morning breakfast bowl. Romp through the enchanting world of Winnie-the-Pooh while soaking up invaluable lessons on simplicity and natural living.
  Saraswati_Library | Sep 1, 2010 |
For Han Hsiang-tse
"What's this you're writing?" asked Pooh, climbing onto the writing table.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 014095144X, Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:50 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,190,367 books! | Top bar: Always visible