Daughter of Joy by Kathleen Morgan

Daughter of Joy (original 2007; edition 1991)

by Kathleen Morgan

Member:wndy2011
Title:Daughter of Joy
Authors:Kathleen Morgan
Info:
Collections:Western, Historical Romance, Read but unowned (inactive)
Rating:***
Tags:Christian, pride, devotion, love, ignorance

Daughter of Joy by Kathleen Morgan (Author) (2007)

This was a heart felt book. I was had tears while reading this. I read this in the early part of the year. I really enjoyed the book and I read the other three. I enjoyed them all. It a great series.

Abby stuggles with what she loss. Though she wants Conor. He also is struggling with some things. They do by means get what they want. Though first things start to change. Conor gets something in the end. Though his first wife comes back. Conor can believe she is back and what for. To find out what you should read it. Abby helps Conor deal with something else as well.

She know she got something to offer Conor. Though Does she get what she dream to get. To find out this is a good book to read and so the series. ( )
  Lindz2012 | Feb 22, 2016 |
Set at the end of the 19th century in Colorado (in the USA) this book features a young woman called Abigail. Twice bereaved in recent years - she lost both her husband and her son - she is determined to find work, and takes on a housekeeping job for a rancher with an angry young daughter.

The story flowed well, and while the overall plot was somewhat predictable, there were some surprises too; most importantly, I found I could relate well to the main characters. The emphasis is clearly Christian but without too much preaching, and some parts are very moving.

Recommended. ( )
  SueinCyprus | Jan 26, 2016 |

Lindz2012 | Jan 21, 2016 |
Jane Eyre in 1890s Colorado! Well, not quite, but the plot is very similar!

I've been reading a few Christian historical romances this summer and they. . . haven't been very good. But a couple of free downloads from Amazon (this one and a Julie Klassen book) have helped to restore my faith in the genre, LOL!

This was much better than I had expected it to be. It isn't perfect - all the problems on the ranch are solved too quickly and easily (it feels like Abby just comes in and fixes everything and everyone!). And the hero says "Blast!" too often. But seriously, this was for the most part well-written and enjoyable. A good read.

If you enjoy Christian historical fiction that doesn't shy away from dealing with some of life's deeper, more difficult issues (e.g. Francine Rivers), this is definitely worth a try.

I look forward to reading more of Kathleen Morgan's books! ( )
  TheEditrix | Jan 13, 2016 |
Abby is a woman with a past full of heartache. She's lost her husband and son and struggles with her grief. She takes on a job as a housekeeper for a man who's reputation is less than stellar.

Conor is a rather volatile rancher with a past that hurts him to the core. He's got a little girl named Beth who was badly mistreated, to the point that Conor doesn't trust just anyone around her.

Abby struggles to win over Beth's love and loyalty. She struggles just as much to win Conor's trust. As a woman of faith, she believes that God will work wonders in their lives if they will only allow Him back in.

As you have probably guessed by now, Abby and Conor are somewhat attracted to each other, but neither one really wants to admit it. But you can see it. The two adults, heartbroken by life's unfair dealings, need each other (and the Lord!) to heal and really come to peaceful terms with their past. ( )
  caslater83 | Jul 24, 2015 |

These classic historical romance novels are getting a new look for the next generation of readers. But the wonderful stories remain the same, as touching and fresh as they were when first published. Praise for the Brides of Culdee Creek series: "A poignant love story that will remain with the reader long after the book is closed."--Lori Copeland, author of the Brides of the West series "A beautiful story of redemptive love. . . . A memorable read."--Robin Lee Hatcher, author of Catching Katie "A spectacular new series."--Library Journal Praise for Kathleen Morgan: "Kathleen Morgan writes with deep emotion and feeling."--Reader to Reader "A marvelous storyteller."--Romantic Times "Kathleen Morgan is a phenomenal writer!"--The Talisman

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:40 -0400)

After the death of her husband and son, Abigail Stanton becomes housekeeper for rugged Conor McKay--a man harboring his own pain. Brides of Culdee Creek book 1.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,003,694 books! | Top bar: Always visible