The Highlander's Touch by Karen Marie Moning

The Highlander's Touch (2000)

by Karen Marie Moning

Series: Highlander Saga (3)

I really loved the way this story worked itself out. I was afraid that I would be disappointed with the ending, and I am very happy to say that I was not. Another time travel element and we bring back that naughty fairy Adam. I am intrigued with his character. Cin stole the show for me though, I loved getting an insight into his emotions and thoughts. Seeing such a powerful warrior have doubts and concerns and even fears makes him more lovable. I was amused with the humor strewn into the story line as well! The chamber pots, and Eirren, and the tupping. This book had all the elements to keep me reading. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
This was a fun time-travel romance with a great hero. I don't mind alpha males in romance as long as they are respectful and kind to their women...that maybe an oxymoron, but bear with me...Circean was a fantastic hero. A strong Scottish Warrior with a tender heart. With his immortality came certain responsibilities as well as secrets. Living 500 years as everyone he love grew old and passed away has turned Circean Broad into a brooding man. Then a cursed flask suddenly brings Lisa from the twenty first century and into his life.

I have to say this is my favorite of the series thus far. The dynamics between the couple are nicely done. Lisa has a strong spine, but Circean isn't the least bit put off by it. While she sets out to find a way back to her own time, things between the two get very interesting and ends in a HEA that is fairy-tale worthy. It's a fun book for when you need a light, fluffy read. ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
I bought this book, I don't know why. I guess it sounded good, it never occured to me it would be a romance. If she hadn't lured me in with humor and strong character I might have thrown it away when the sappy mushy romance started.
The sappy stuff was worth enduring, I liked the characters and really want to get me a highlander from 14-whatever. I 'doona' care if I have to travel back in time to get him. I'd give up electricity, plumbing (maybe) and internet for Cercinn Brodie.
If you want a relaxing, humorous read for a sultry day at the pool/beach, try this author. Not bad at all, and I'm not fond of romance. ( )
  ReneeMiller | Feb 25, 2016 |
Adam Black was the best part in this book. We find out he has a heart and an interesting past. Lisa is boring as a female character,week and floppy minded. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
The Highlander’s Touch by Karen Marie Moning
Book #3: Highlander Series
Source: Purchase
My Rating: 4/5 stars
My Review:

Circenn Brodie has lived for many centuries and survived by always abiding by his code. The men who have served with Circenn know of his commitment and his code and in his current state, they all know the man needs to find himself a woman.

Lisa’s life is nothing to be jealous of. She works two jobs, has given up on her dream of a college degree, and has a mother who is terminally ill. Though Lisa is certainly sad about her situation, she never complains and will continue to carry whatever burden she must in order to make things easier for her mother. For one so young, Lisa carries a tremendous load and it won’t get any better once her mother is gone because of the serious debt they have incurred during her illness. Lisa’s only consolation is her night job at the museum, a place that has allowed her to learn even while she works. Never in a million years did she ever believe she would a get chance for a little hands on learning.

When Lisa lands in the middle of early-14th century Scotland she has no idea how she got there nor why she is standing in the middle of a room staring at the most beautiful man she has ever seen in her life. All she wants is to get back to her mother and her life but the gorgeous man keeps telling her no and asking her about the flask that came with her. Turns out, the appearance of the flask brings into play one of Ciercenn’s famed vows; he must kill the person who returns to object to him. Problem is, the person who returned the flask is stirring things in Ciercenn he vowed to never feel again. When you’re immortal and your mate isn’t, well, there’s only so much a man can take.

As Lisa slowly begins to accept that she won’t be returning to her own time and place she also begins to fall a little more in love with Ciercenn and his time and place. In Ciercenn’s world, Lisa is a cherished woman whose quick wit and intelligence are quickly making her one of Ciercenn’s favorite people. The only thing left for her to do to completely immerse herself in 14th century Scotland is to give herself to Ciercenn sexually and he is bound and determined to woo her into his bed. Just as things begin to get really good between the couple, Ciercenn is called back into battle and Lisa is swept back in time though it isn’t her own time and place.

The Bottom Line: Moning trots out the touch an object get thrown around in time again but it’s just a means to an end. Lisa and Ciercenn are clearly meant to be together but that is thanks to a bit of meddling on the part of Adam Black. Oh yes, Adam is back and he has more than a few tricks up his sleeve; he has plans and information that is directly related to Ciercenn, Lisa, and their future together. While I enjoyed the romance between Lisa and Ciercenn, I enjoyed the backstory with Adam and the Templars even more. The plot has highs and lows with lots of action and intrigue; the low points are generally carried with decent dialogue and the high points are carried with intense action. In short, The Highlander’s Touch will keep you moving forward and keep you interested from start to finish. ( )
  arthistorychick | Dec 20, 2015 |

Karen Marie Moningprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gigante, PhilNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"I am that merry wanderer of the night
I jest to Oberon and make him smile"
Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream
Adam Black materialized in the Greathall.
But if you break your vow, how will you explain it to Adam?
Oh, for Christ's sake!.....Duncan! Alesone! Get out of the kitchen! Take it to the rooms upstairs! You know I have rules----
What did you find out, Ruby? Don't try to distract me with tea. Has anyone seen my daughter?.......................No one has seen her since night before last. The museum's security cameras have her on tape. The last recorded image of her is outside Steinman's office
It is a woman. I need you to claim her as your cousin, and when you meet her to pretend it is the renewal of an old acquaintance. Cousin by blood--Lisa MacRobertson.
You are in dire need of a mam. Speaking of which, you and I have a date with warm water and soap later this afternoon.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440236525, Mass Market Paperback)

A Warrior Of Immortal Powers

He was a mighty Scottish warrior who lived in a world bound by ancient laws and timeless magic. But no immortal powers could prepare the laird of Castle Brodie for the lovely accursed lass who stood before him. A terrible trick of fate had sent her 700 years back in time and into his private chamber to tempt him with her beauty—and seduce him with a desire he could never fulfill. For this woman he burned to possess was also
the woman he had foresworn to destroy.

A Woman Caught In The Mists Of Time

When Lisa felt the earth move under her feet, the fiercely independent 21st-century woman never dreamed she was falling...into another century. But the powerful, naked warrior who stood glaring down at her was only too real...and too dangerously arousing. Irresistibly handsome he might be, but Lisa had no intention of remaining in this savage land torn by treachery and war. How could she know that her seductive captor had other plans for her...plans that would save her from a tragic fate? Or that this man who had long ago forsaken love would defy time itself to claim her for his own....

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:18 -0400)

Lisa, a modern-day woman, is hurtled back in time seven hundred years into the arms of the Highlander, a powerful Scottish warrior and laird of Castle Brodie, who lives in a savage world of magic and treachery and who could hold the key to a sacred elixir that could save the life of her dying mother.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,913,895 books! | Top bar: Always visible