Claymore, Volume 11: Kindred Of Paradise by…

Claymore, Volume 11: Kindred Of Paradise

by Norihiro Yagi

This is the 11th volume in the Claymore series. It picks up right where volume 10 left off. It was very well done, it expands on the story quite a bit while also delivering some spectacular action scenes.

The war in Pieta continues as the Claymore continue their battle with Rigaldo the Lion. We are also introduced to Luceila of the South who is in conflict with Isley of the North. Lastly we gain a lot more insight into why the Claymore Organization sent this particular group of twenty-four Claymore to Pieta.

One of the coolest parts of the story was when Clare reveals yet another interesting ability that makes her powerful but in a much more subtle way than some of the other Claymore.

As with the previous novels there are tons of excellent fight scenes, these were better done and less confusing than the fight scenes in volume 10. The illustration is detailed and absolutely excellent.

The story makes more progress (if only slowly) and I am very excited to see where the story goes as Isley and Luceila are introduced into the mix.

Overall and excellent and action packed addition to the Claymore series. I continue to really enjoy the story, illustration, and characters. Highly recommended to those who enjoy dark fantasy manga. ( )
  krau0098 | Jul 6, 2014 |
I was unsure about starting this series at first. The first volume was interesting enough but it wasn't phenomenal. But I've come to realize with these manga series that it sometimes takes a few volumes to really engross you in the story. So it was with this series and I'm glad I read past the second volume because it took a huge turn for the better. The deep plotline emerged fairly quickly but in pieces so as to keep you wondering and coming back for more, and the artwork seemed to get better. After volume two or three I was either used to the style or it really did get better. And by volume 10 I'm loving it. The story has gone deeper. It's not just a story about action but of comradeship and betrayal and persistence and tragedy. Yagi had me at the sword fighting and demons but now I'm hooked into the story and I don't think it's going to let me go until it's finished. I'm certainly not complaining; I'm enjoying the series immensely. Recommended for fantasy and/or graphic novel fans. ( )
  Kassilem | Aug 12, 2013 |
This book is by Norihiro Yagi, not Taeko Watanabe.

"In the northern town of Pieta, Clare and a force of Claymores battle a troop of awakened Ones to prevent them from advancing south. Their orders are to hold off the evil horde at all costs, while the Organization prepares a secret weapon. Clare and her comrades realize that theirs is a suicide mission. As their friends fall one by one, the warriors band together to make their last stand."--Cover.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,989,074 books! | Top bar: Always visible