Moon Knight, Vol. 2: Midnight Sun by Charlie…

Moon Knight, Vol. 2: Midnight Sun

by Charlie Huston

A darker incarnation of Moon Knight than those I've read earlier, but the essence remains. I didn't like it at first but it grew on me. Marc Spector is burnt out and mentally ill as always. His god Kophru is ever-present but mocks him for abandoning his power. The panels are dark and the content is darker: bloody murders, loss, disillusion. Frenchie and Marlene are in Marc Spector's past, something he has trouble accepting at times. A few times the panels were dark and tangled and I couldn't really understand what was going on, but in general a dark and detailed Moon Knight tale. ( )
  questbird | Aug 2, 2017 |
It's obvious that the author, Charlie Huston, really likes this character. It's also obvious that he's read a lot of stuff with Moon Knight in it before writing this title. The problem is, he seems to assume that everyone else reading the comics are as well-versed in Moon Knight history as he is.

I didn't know what was going on half of the time. When I did know what was going on, I tended to like the story. But there really should be more explanation about who these people are and why they're important to the story and/or Marc's life.

Also, there were some very gratuitous guest appearances in this collection. Captain America is embroiled in the Civil War at this time. I don't think he'd hang around waiting for Marc to show up just so he could tell Marc to stay out of his way. It just seemed weird and awkward.

The annual was probably my favorite of all the issues collected in this trade. The annual was clear, had a logical progression, and made sense to me. The annual wasn't written by Huston. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Still, there's always something that keeps drawing me back to the character of Moon Knight, even though I don't know what. Even some of his friends don't seem to think there are many, if any, redeeming qualities about this dude. ( )
  schatzi | Sep 11, 2009 |
An overall disappointing collection of the latest Moon Knight iteration. It was too violent and the writing was choppy. The only redeeming quality was the artwork of the earlier issues. ( )
  mbach | Aug 7, 2008 |

Three months back on the job, and they're already coming out of the woodwork. The bad guys you expect. The gangsters and the hoods with old axes to grind. They all come with the territory. But the heroes - them you don't expect. Popping up to give you the eyeball and make sure you're toeing the line. Their line. Spider-Man... Frank Castle, the angel of death himself...even the fugitive Captain America. And now, this other thing. Someone is out there. Someone hitting the old haunts, scenes of the old crimes. Leaving messages. Leaving bodies. Someone who knows you. Someone who crushes steel and pulls off limbs. All to get your attention. Someone out of your league! Collects Moon Knight #7-13.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:09 -0400)

"Three months back on the job, and they're already coming out of the woodwork. The bad guys you expect. The gangsters and the hoods with old axes to grind. They all come with the territory. But the heroes - them you don't expect. Popping up to give you the eyeball and make sure you're toeing the line. Their line. Spider-Man and his wisecracks...Frank Castle, the angel of death himself, telling you he'll be keeping an eye on you... even the fugitive Captain America, with a word to say about crashing aircraft into the sides of buildings in New York City. And now, this other thing. Someone is out there. Someone hitting the old haunts, scenes of the old crimes. Leaving messages. Leaving bodies. Someone who knows you. Someone who crushes steel and pulls off limbs. All to get your attention. Someone out of your league! Collecting Moon Knight #7-13" -- from back of dust jacket.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,991,613 books! | Top bar: Always visible