Heldere maan by Lulu Wang

Heldere maan (2007)

by Lulu Wang

Dutch (2)  English (1)  All (3)
I always love reading the books written by this author. Like her style of writing. Sometimes very straight and to the point, other times very colorful. But I always learn something from them and, as a matter of fact: I do not really care if the writing is according to reality. After all I'm reading a novel, product of the writers fantasy, not an encyclopedia. This time She took me on a journey to China with two faces: the modern city-face and the monastery-face. Two worlds that meet in two persons: Jian from the big city and Mingyue that grew up in the country side.
They differ a lot, but are attracted to one another. Their story grabbed me and I read the book with pleasure. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Mar 31, 2013 |
Ik hoop dat wij lang zullen leven en eeuwig van elkaar zullen houden
Dat wij, gescheiden door duizenden li's, elkaar dagelijks zullen zien
Door elke avond te kijken naar dezelfde maan - onze stille getuige
Aan opa Yang, mijn vader en moeder, Wil en Margriet

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,174,921 books! | Top bar: Always visible