A Visitor for Bear by Bonny Becker

A Visitor for Bear (2008)

by Bonny Becker

Recently added byChildrensLitFdn, Enessa, eloisejuniper, anp006, private library, jforrest21, conlonk, kberryman44

Bear doesn't like visitors but there is a little mouse that keeps showing up and just won't go away. Of course, like most children's books the two are able to form a friendship. Great way to introduce to children that completely opposite people can be friends. I really liked the gentle colors of the illustrations.
  Enessa | Dec 7, 2014 |
I love the Bear and Mouse series, and have many of the book including this one in my classroom library. I love how homey and sweet Becker's illustrations are, and how they fit perfectly with the story of two unlikely friends. I always use this story as an example when I am teach my students about making new friends, and I think it is a perfect addition to anyone's collection. ( )
  kberryman44 | Dec 6, 2014 |
This book was a part of a series with bear and mouse. They are opposites and mouse is turning bear into a better bear. He is taking him out of his comfort zone for the better. It seems to be working also. This book is good for teaching children that change is ok and needed every once in while. ( )
  jforrest21 | Nov 17, 2014 |
great book for keeping children engaged. Mouse keeps showing up when bear is cooking. Mouse just wants to join him. ( )
  pamelapaige | Oct 20, 2014 |
This is a light-hearted book directed at a younger audience (preschool - 2nd grade), about a bear who always seems to be in a bad mood, and a mouse who is determined to lighten him up. After the mouse sneaks into the bear's house several times, the bear eventually lets him stay and offers him tea. Once they sat down for tea, the duo became unlikely friends, and the bear decided that he liked being happy, and he enjoyed having company. Any young child would enjoy this sweet story.
  ErinnnPratt | Jun 9, 2014 |
For Doug, my very own bear- BB
To Rowan - KD
No one ever came to Bear's house.
Bear cleared his throat. The mouse looked most attentive. No one had ever been most attentive to Bear. "The fire is nice," Bear announced. "Lovely," said the mouse. No one had ever said Bear's fires were lovely.

Cheery persistence wears down a curmudgeonly bear in a wry comedy of manners that ends in a most unlikely friendship.

Bear is quite sure he doesn’t like visitors. He even has a sign. So when a mouse taps on his door one day, Bear tells him to leave. But when Bear goes to the cupboard to get a bowl, there is the mouse — small and gray and bright-eyed. In this slapstick tale that begs to be read aloud, all Bear wants is to eat his breakfast in peace, but the mouse — who keeps popping up in the most unexpected places — just won’t go away!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:43:23 -0400)

Bear's efforts to keep out visitors to his house are undermined by a very persistent mouse.

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,388,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible